PHOTON/ATRIX battery compatabilities

themoose615

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So the Photon and the Atrix are ALMOST the same phone yet the Atrix has a higher capacity battery at almost 2000 (Photon 1700). Im wondering if we are able to use the battery that comes in the Atrix for the Photon, since the battery life should be better when using the higher capacity battery.

ranova

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So the Photon and the Atrix are ALMOST the same phone yet the Atrix has a higher capacity battery at almost 2000 (Photon 1700). Im wondering if we are able to use the battery that comes in the Atrix for the Photon, since the battery life should be better when using the higher capacity battery.
probably (if they are the same size). The atrix's battery is the same size as the Droid X/X2, and you can just buy the replacement droid x batts on ebay and they work fine.

edit: nevermind, it looks like the battery is of a different model:
Motorola-PHOTON-4G-22110729141914.jpg

Last edited:

TheNexxuvas

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm supporting the launch of the Photon 4G for sprint, and after getting my 2nd battery, I noticed how instead of traditional battery contacts, the Photon has intraverted contacts.

Instead of a plate it's more like clips imbedded inside the battery housing.

When connected to a Cadex Battery Analyzer on the charging function, the pins go inside. It charged just fine, just something I haven't really seen cept when I was younger on old Motorola cb's and walkie-talkie batteries.

Anyway, it's a very non traditional set up.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The ability to buy cheap eBay Chinese batteries is big in my decision for this phone. Nothing up there yet, I love having a couple spares for my Epic even considering they last about half as long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko