photos saved from chrome corrupted

Caleb Loschiavo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? Do you know the solution? Each time I save a photo from Google chrome and open it through the notification tray my gallery says it's corrupt, however, if I use ES file explorer or any other file explorer it comes up just fine. Thanks in advance if you know a solution!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then open it again and wait a few seconds for the database to repopulate. Does the problem persist?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I get this now and then, but usually clears up within a few minutes. It's like the gallery app is slow to recognize it.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I get this too as well sometimes the pictures don't show up at all unless I go to the downloads app even though in the bar it says download finished

Wish they had like a Google Images app

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking more on this. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it seems more likely to happen when I try and view it immediately after downloading. As in instantly, not waiting even a few seconds. I'm wondering if trying to view it while the gallery is still processing it is causing an issue.