Photos

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday all of a sudden the photos stored in various folders (download, whatsapp received folder, etc...) are not showing up in other apps. Even most of my screen shots.

For example I go to send a message on either whatsapp, Facebook messenger or Verizon texting and I am not able to select the photo through the attach button with those apps. I can't even see them.

However, I can go to the gallery and send the photo using any of those apps.

I have quick pic gallery and I have the default Samsung gallery on my phone. The default gallery isn't showing most of them either.

It stayed suddenly yesterday afternoon. I didn't notice any app update at all. I tried uninstalling quick pic but that didn't help.

Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This started happening to me about a week ago. Tried to research, but didn't find anyone else with this problem - until now! 😐

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one and that it is also a recent thing. I'm going that it's an app that just needs an update.
I don't have any apps that hide the pics other than the option in quickpic which wouldn't hide it from other apps.

I just get why my main gallery app won't show them and that quickpic is the only app that can see it.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Usually Google photos wants to try and backup all my other folders as well and now it doesn't show them. Why would quickpic be the only app that can find them?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I figured mine out.
I noticed in quickpic that there is a "hide" option for an album. I don't know how, but all the albums were listed as hidden.

The app put a file in all the albums called, "no media" which hid them from the rest of the apps. Once I deleted the file from each folder using my computer they all appeared again.

Not sure if that is an option in other apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod