waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
After the new update, is the Adaptable Storage option for SD Cards not greyed out anymore?

p.s. I'm a keen bystander. I don't have access to the beta program (yet, at least)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Accessing cloud accounts thru the Files app is crashing.
Tried to access Samsung, Google, OneDrive.

Internet is nice, but it licked up when I left it, a thread on Note 9, to check something else, and when I returned it was frozen.

I've had to Close All to get back in. Also with OneDrive at times. This AM it acted like it was offline. I need to see if it's a RAM hog or something but the close all allowed it to proceed.

Are apps aware there's 6GB? Are they limiting address space to 4GB? I have a large photo library I upload to Google, no issues, but I do with OneDrive and arranging albums. Leads me to think it needs to keep more index and cache in memory.

Instagram has always been trouble - at one time pre Oreo - had to force quit and clear cache to get it to refresh.

Cropping screen snapshots got improved again. I was resigned to what beta 1 looked like but 2 is better. I use it a lot and can't wait for Pie on Note.

Desktop icons got a nice tweak.

The apps screen got rearranged and needed to be resorted. Found that odd.

Launcher 10 doesn't work.

Disabled apps. Some remained disabled but Chrome and all of Facebook were enabled. Gmail was left as disabled.

And Chrome and Facebook though never used were sitting in memory.
I wish I could sort apps by amount of RAM used, and size. Some have li arge data and caches. Be nice to know.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S9 Android Pie hotfix update fixes issues with second beta release

two major issues managed to slip through

Many users had complained about their mobile data connection not working on the second Pie beta, and this has been fixed with the hotfix update.

Also fixed is a problem that prevented some apps from opening.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/11/29/galaxy-s9-android-pie-beta-hotfix-update

Thanks Gayle. Wasn't aware of a hot fix. Going to update now.
Edit... Not seeing a hot fix update.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay my phone did two Beta updates I'm on ZRKJ and the Samsung+ app keeps crashing any help or thoughts greatly appreciated

The Samsung + app is replaced by the Samsung Members app for the duration of the beta. It should be in your app drawer. It's used for beta notices, error reports and community support. Hope you like it!
(the version you have is the beta 2 so you're up to date)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Internet 9

Who told Samsung to pull advanced setting to turn off auto play of video? Mute sound?
I don't want sites playing video clips.

Overall I like it but it needs sometime of extension to override media options.
Anyone know if a good one?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S9 Android Pie hotfix update fixes issues with second beta release

two major issues managed to slip through

Many users had complained about their mobile data connection not working on the second Pie beta, and this has been fixed with the hotfix update.

Also fixed is a problem that prevented some apps from opening.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/11/29/galaxy-s9-android-pie-beta-hotfix-update

My hot fix update finally showed up but says cannot download due to server error. Will try again later.
Edit... Downloaded.

Last edited:

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Never had that happen. May not be universal and may be some apps, not others or most. Could even be more sensitive.

Bug lists are scary.

I also have other phones or I might not join beta with just one that has to work 100% reliably. I cant wait for it to be ready for my Note. It is a league above the plain vanilla Pie my Essential got back in ~July-Aug.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I use two banking apps that accept finger print. No issues. So something different going on.

Back with Oreo rollout didn't some have to delete and add back their finger print?

I use iOS and with iOS 12 a few people had to redo FaceID after updating.

VISA, MC, AMEX, Discover and others. Barclays has been mentioned as needing to update their app when Android has had updates.

FPS and Smart ID is so useful and easy to use definitely needs to be reported and let them know. And testing is only reliable means, means some willing to get their hands in the beta stew.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Whoops. I do most of my banking on Note 9 or iPhone X.

Just tried the S9+ with BOA and fps of course didn't work.

Beta 3: fps working with BoA.
Also like Recents, swipe up and Pie

Last edited: