Pixel 2/2 XL - December Update (OTA) 12/5

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Received a notification my XL has gotten the update. Just downloaded/installed. Wife never did hers yet, because she forgot, but she will do it tonight after work. Time to see how it works out for us.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Where is the mobile data always on setting? I've been looking for it can't seem to find it.

It is in the Dev Options.

For me I won't be turning it off. I want mobile data on 24/7. I have all syncs going and want stuff updated as it happens. Saving a little battery life is zero concern for me as I top off when needed :).

lordielordie

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Still no update. This is a Google Store Pixel 2 phone.
My Nexus 6P (traded it in) would get the updates on the 5th of the month at 00:01.
My Pixel C tablet got 8.1 within minutes of its availability.

I'm not sure why the Pixel 2 updates take so long. Frustrating.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Still no update for me, 2 xl with vzw sim. Hit the check for updates button a couple times a day since release and still nothing. What had it been, a week now since release... Impatient

Last edited:

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I still don't have the update, either. 2XL on Verizon. I had the original XL since day one and have had the 2XL since day one and this is the first time I have not received an update the day it was released. I guess I got pushed to the back of the line, haha. I'm fine with waiting, but I do hope it gets here soon.

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
After the update to 8.1, the Droid Info app is still showing that I only have 8 CPU cores.
How do we detect the Pixel Visual Core processor that is supposedly embedded in the phone now that it is activated?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Still no update. This is a Google Store Pixel 2 phone.
My Nexus 6P (traded it in) would get the updates on the 5th of the month at 00:01.
My Pixel C tablet got 8.1 within minutes of its availability.

I'm not sure why the Pixel 2 updates take so long. Frustrating.
Sometimes I get mine on the very first day , then sometimes it's a few days or the following week.Its just the luck ,,or unluck of the draw.

It's always been that way for me Nexus 6 ,6p Pixel (2016) and Pixel 2 (2017) :)

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a BB Pixel 2 XL - whether I put in the Verizon sim it came with and check for updates or use my AT&T sim to check for updates - nothing yet. Stil on the November security update.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Pixel 2XL from Google Store. Still waiting for 8.1

Just got the Dec patch yesterday. Still no 8.1 available to me.

What the H....?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Major problem after the update phone calls continue to fail never had this problem before

Edit data/mobile/wifi/BT reset seemed to correct issue ,Google did offer to RMA have the form but holding out

Last edited:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Those still waiting for the update can have mine. I'd rather be without it than have the battery issues that came along with it. The dreaded FDR is coming soon if I can't get this figured out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel 2XL from Google Store. Still waiting for 8.1

Just got the Dec patch yesterday. Still no 8.1 available to me.

What the H....?

If you want you can side load it. I do find it odd that you got the December patch but not 8.1 .. I assume you weren't on beta since you said you aren't on 8.1 ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52