Pixel 2 acting strangely

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I realize the question title is quite vague, but my Pixel 2's problems seem to be really hard to categorize. I'm about 15 months into this phone, and it's just been really bugging out. Sometimes the screen stops working, sometimes the clock just stops running until I go into settings and adjust it again. And once I scan my finger, it takes from 2 to sometimes what seems like 6-7 seconds to unlock. Do these problems tell you anything that I shouldn know? Especially the fingerprint scanner is really annoying me because it's now just impractical to use it.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I would backup everything and reset...if that doesn't fix it , its still under warranty right? Call google for a replacement...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Any update on your situation? I too would recommend a restart and if that changes nothing, a factory reset. However, you can always try booting your Pixel 2 into Safe Mode to see if any of these issues still persist. If they disappear, perhaps a rogue app is causing some slowdowns with the clock, your screen freezing, etc. Even clearing your cache may be a good solution.

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
My Pixel 2 has been acting strange for a month or so now...... One the leaks for the Pixel 3 started coming in a lot. And before anyone asks, yes I did a factory reset and actually had my phone replaced by Google for extreme battery drain not too long ago as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene