Pixel 2 XL stops working for second set of fingerprints

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've seen plenty of posts regarding dirty Fingerprint sensors but my problem is only with the second set of index fingerprints I register for my wife so she can use my phone when she wants which is not very often.

I register my left and right index fingerprints (set 1 and set 2). Then my wife does the same for set 3 and set 4. We test all 4 sets with no problems.

After a few days or a few weeks, while my fingerprints are working flawlessly all day, every day, my wife goes to use the phone and it fails to read either of her index fingerprints until it locks the phone access for a while and I use my fingerprint (either one) to gain access.

What is going on here? Does the phone forget the second set after a period of time, or what? We have tried clearing her prints and re-registering them as well as clearing all the fingerprints and re-registering them but the same problem reoccurs.

Any thoughts on this forgetful Pixel 2 XL?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does she tend to unlock the phone when her hands are a little wet (like after washing them)? I've found that can interfere with proper detection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers