Pixel 3 / 3 XL - Share your setup/homescreen(s) here!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No custom anything - 3 XL

Ditto. I'd been using Nova for ages. You lose out on too much now by not using the Pixel Launcher. Nova needs to catch up, and they failed starting with Oreo. How nice it is to have a dark screen Google Feed on my 3XL! Among many, many other things...

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. I'd been using Nova for ages. You lose out on too much now by not using the Pixel Launcher. Nova needs to catch up, and they failed starting with Oreo. How nice it is to have a dark screen Google Feed on my 3XL! Among many, many other things...

We are all individuals with our individual preferences. I tried to use the Pixel launcher once again and finally gave up and installed my Nova Prime. I need 7 items in my dock and I want all my app icons in my app drawer on one page 7 across and 11 down. I want a swipe gesture in the middle of the screen to reveal and hide my app drawer which is the only way I want to get to my apps. I want to get rid of the Google entry bar as I never use it. And I want absolutely nothing on my main screen so I can display my own images. None of this is possible with the Pixel Launcher.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
We are all individuals with our individual preferences. I tried to use the Pixel launcher once again and finally gave up and installed my Nova Prime. I need 7 items in my dock and I want all my app icons in my app drawer on one page 7 across and 11 down. I want a swipe gesture in the middle of the screen to reveal and hide my app drawer which is the only way I want to get to my apps. I want to get rid of the Google entry bar as I never use it. And I want absolutely nothing on my main screen so I can display my own images. None of this is possible with the Pixel Launcher.
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I tried the stock launcher and just it just won't do any do the stuff the Nova will allow you to do. After a couple of hours I gave up and installed Nova.

But that's what we all love about Android, right? That we can do this kind of stuff and really personalize our devices.

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My home screen was a mess. Too many things going on. You guys have inspired me with your simplicity and zen. I changed my to an all-dark them for night use and battery savings all day. This is one of the dark native wallpapers.

Screenshot_20181127-004218.jpg

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Good question. I gave up and decided to leave mine. Although it does take up a lot of screen space for what it is telling you. If you google around, I am sure there is a way. If not, you can always use nova launcher.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Using Action Launcher and the Moon Live Wallpaper.
213ad5d020c3f7bc2f0efca9a7742666.jpg

Pixel34me

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Flipped over to stock. This is what I have to set up to get close to the way I set up Nova.... But until Nova can get the dark Google feed working, stock it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-194235.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-194235.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 62