Pixel 3 OOBE - Beware!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
And again reps will be reps. Trusting them is not a smart idea. You will have this complaint on any carrier if you get a bad rep.. trust me. Been on all of them.

Ok.... So who would you suggest I deal with for support on their devices or to find out info on their exclusive promos if I can't trust them?

It also kind of proves the point I made earlier, that it doesn't make them a good company. Even if all the carriers do this, it doesn't make them good, just less bad.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok.... So who would you suggest I deal with for support on their devices or to find out info on their exclusive promos if I can't trust them?

It also kind of proves the point I made earlier, that it doesn't make them a good company. Even if all the carriers do this, it doesn't make them good, just less bad.

I suggest finding the deal online and reading the fine print which tells you exactly everything you need to know about the promotion. I have been with Verizon 2 years and never once have I ever called to question about a deal. I go and read it for myself. No confusion, no bad reps, no misinformation -- straight from the Promo page with the fine print.

Never said it was right. Just saying you are giving a gripe when I said they are an ISP and that is it. You downplay what they do as if there are better alternatives and there isn't when dealing with people. Hence my suggestion on doing your own homework. As you said you have been with them since 2001. If you think being lied to by a rep is the worst thing that could happen I beg you to really not venture to some other companies lol.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Didn't have no problem setting up my Pixel 3 XL whatsoever with the cables.
Phone showed me what to do.
Transferred files from S8+ to Pixel 3 XL.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I suggest finding the deal online and reading the fine print which tells you exactly everything you need to know about the promotion. I have been with Verizon 2 years and never once have I ever called to question about a deal. I go and read it for myself. No confusion, no bad reps, no misinformation -- straight from the Promo page with the fine print.

Never said it was right. Just saying you are giving a gripe when I said they are an ISP and that is it. You downplay what they do as if there are better alternatives and there isn't when dealing with people. Hence my suggestion on doing your own homework. As you said you have been with them since 2001. If you think being lied to by a rep is the worst thing that could happen I beg you to really not venture to some other companies lol.

I first heard about the promo here on AC forums, so I did a search and came up with nothing. The only thing I knew was that it had to be ordered through the MyVerizon app. So I went to the app, and all that said was"Pre-order today and get a free Google Pixel Stand". Clicking on that.took you right to the ordering page, which listed nothing about the offer. What I wanted to know was if I needed to pay off my current device since the app wouldn't let me buy it outright. Then after I ordered, there was no acknowledgement about the offer in my order confirmation either. So i called.in again and the rep had no info about their own promo, and said if what I told them was true it should ship with my order. The next day there was a press release about the promo, which was ironic because there was no way to redeem it since it was only available the day before.

I already said I misunderstood your original statement and apologized for that. You replied disagreeing with me, and here we are.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I first heard about the promo here on AC forums, so I did a search and came up with nothing. The only thing I knew was that it had to be ordered through the MyVerizon app. So I went to the app, and all that said was"Pre-order today and get a free Google Pixel Stand". Clicking on that.took you right to the ordering page, which listed nothing about the offer. What I wanted to know was if I needed to pay off my current device since the app wouldn't let me buy it outright. Then after I ordered, there was no acknowledgement about the offer in my order confirmation either. So i called.in again and the rep had no info about their own promo, and said if what I told them was true it should ship with my order. The next day there was a press release about the promo, which was ironic because there was no way to redeem it since it was only available the day before.

I already said I misunderstood your original statement and apologized for that. You replied disagreeing with me, and here we are.

Checking on a phone may not warrant it. Desktop sites usually show more but you can find them usually on desktop via the phone itself page. Promos normally at the top about "Order this get this" and a "view details" link there.

And yep here we are. I said they are an ISP and you went on all about their customer service. I was simply saying using someone who is meant to be an ISP isn't the best idea for a storage / backup provider -- using someone who makes that their business would be a better idea. Verizon offers a VPN -- Would I ever use it? Hell no. I would use someone whose company is dedicated to making a truly good VPN. Simple -- and then we went onto customer service and promos for some reason. I still stand by everything I have said.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Checking on a phone may not warrant it. Desktop sites usually show more but you can find them usually on desktop via the phone itself page. Promos normally at the top about "Order this get this" and a "view details" link there.

And yep here we are. I said they are an ISP and you went on all about their customer service. I was simply saying using someone who is meant to be an ISP isn't the best idea for a storage / backup provider -- using someone who makes that their business would be a better idea. Verizon offers a VPN -- Would I ever use it? Hell no. I would use someone whose company is dedicated to making a truly good VPN. Simple -- and then we went onto customer service and promos for some reason. I still stand by everything I have said.

So basically we should expect that employees shouldn't know anything about their jobs. Thanks, got it. Moving on.

That's ironic since we're in the forum of a smartphone made by a company known for an internet search engine.

Look, it's pretty clear that neither of us is going to change our opinions, so can we stop beating a dead horse? If not, I'm sorry, I'm wrong, you're right, I don't care anymore.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So basically we should expect that employees shouldn't know anything about their jobs. Thanks, got it. Moving on.

That's ironic since we're in the forum of a smartphone made by a company known for an internet search engine.

Look, it's pretty clear that neither of us is going to change our opinions, so can we stop beating a dead horse? If not, I'm sorry, I'm wrong, you're right, I don't care anymore.

Yep that is exactly what I am saying. You trust people -- and they lied to you. I trust my own eyes and reading all the fine print so I don't have someone "accidentally" tell me something wrong -- so far mine hasn't failed me yet. Sounds like your way has.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep that is exactly what I am saying. You trust people -- and they lied to you. I trust my own eyes and reading all the fine print so I don't have someone "accidentally" tell me something wrong -- so far mine hasn't failed me yet. Sounds like your way has.

Trusting people and expecting them to do their jobs are 2 different things. And when the fine print is doesn't address every issue like the issue I had, then what? For example, I complied with the requirements of the promo, there's no documentation that I will get one, and nothing in the fine print except their assurance that I'll get it. Which is the same thing that happened with last year's promo and I didn't get it, they finally relented and gave me a store credit to buy one on my own. So what would you do different in that case? If I hadn't called in and talked to them about the issue, I never would've gotten anything. Real stupid on my part I guess

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Trusting people and expecting them to do their jobs are 2 different things. And when the fine print is doesn't address every issue like the issue I had, then what? For example, I complied with the requirements of the promo, there's no documentation that I will get one, and nothing in the fine print except their assurance that I'll get it. Which is the same thing that happened with last year's promo and I didn't get it, they finally relented and gave me a store credit to buy one on my own. So what would you do different in that case?

Same thing for me. You are trusting they know their job well... or that they are doing it with you in mind. It can vary depending from situation to situation. I mean hell look at the rep that told someone on the board in an AT&T corporate store that the Pixel 3 wouldn't get calls or texts. What kind of obvious BS is that? I wonder why they did that? Maybe wanted the person to buy a phone in the store so they got commission so they made up a lie to scare them? Sounds like it to me... which goes back to my "people will be people" comment.

So far the fine print has worked for me every time. Not sure why it didn't for you but if I read the fine print, follow the rules, I always get what I am supposed to per Verizon. All my comments that started this wasn't really about all of this though except for do your own homework (+ ISP for backup / your primary email = nightmare) and don't expect to go to another carrier and this magically disappear because it doesn't.. trust me.. I follow said topic more closely then most people would imagine :p.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Same thing for me. You are trusting they know their job well... or that they are doing it with you in mind. It can vary depending from situation to situation. I mean hell look at the rep that told someone on the board in an AT&T corporate store that the Pixel 3 wouldn't get calls or texts. What kind of obvious BS is that? I wonder why they did that? Maybe wanted the person to buy a phone in the store so they got commission so they made up a lie to scare them? Sounds like it to me... which goes back to my "people will be people" comment.

So far the fine print has worked for me every time. Not sure why it didn't for you but if I read the fine print, follow the rules, I always get what I am supposed to per Verizon. All my comments that started this wasn't really about all of this though except for do your own homework (+ ISP for backup / your primary email = nightmare) and don't expect to go to another carrier and this magically disappear because it doesn't.. trust me.. I follow said topic more closely then most people would imagine :p.

Great, fine, whatever.