Pixel 6 Fingerprint scanner not working with apps?

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
As well as using the Pixel 6 fingerprint scanner to open my phone, I had two app (LastPass and Toyota apps) that had a biometric in their apps that allowed me to open them using the phone's fingerprint scanner info. When I tried yesterday, neither app will open using their fingerprint biometric (while the phone still opens using the fingerprint scanner). My last update was March 5th and the app sign-on was working after the update. Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this situation?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Try doing a "restart" to see if that restores the equilibrium.

I have a number of apps that use my P6Pro FPS. among them are LastPass, Wells Fargo, and Interactive Brokers.

Remrose

Jul 2, 2021
Visit site
Have you re-done your fingerprints or added more of them. Any changes to the fingerprint setup will force you to resign into your apps via password and set up the biometric again.

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I had tried all the above suggestions, even deleting all the main fingerprints and redoing them with no success. This included using the LastPass main password to reset the app. I even had a google sign-in biometric newly popup and still none of the apps will recognize the fingerprint giving me the "!" sign when I try to use it. Very frustrating.

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Tried the old standby-deleting & reinstalling the app. Still no luck. It doesn't appear the app is the cause of the problem. Thanks for the idea.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I would check permissions and reauthorize fingerprint authentication in the apps. Whenever Citi updates for me it never takes my fingerprint so I have to remove the check mark in the app settings allowing it and go back in the app to re-auth and wait for Citi to send the text verification.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry this is happening to you, OP! Keep us posted on what happens! Are all of your other biometric apps working?

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Presently, I only have two apps that are using the biometric sign-on (LastPass & Toyota) and both are still not working. The only working biometric is the initial Pixel sign-on.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was going to recommend the "restart" option as well, but I see that's already been suggested. Have you connected with Google about this? Or submitted feedback to LastPass and Toyota's apps?

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi Mustang,

Yes, the biometric opens my phone with no problem. The weird thing is the apps biometrics worked until 8 days ago and just stopped. My last update was 3/5 so I don't think the update was the cause.

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi Morty,

I first tried contacting the google pixel community last week and, as of this morning, have had no response. I thought about contacting both LastPass & Toyota but, with when two independent apps suddenly stop working at the same time, I figured the problem lies with the Pixel 6. The more I read about the past problems with the fingerprint issues and updates, I wonder if this is just another one to add to the list.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint Sensor App verification is working for Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Word, LastPass, Wells Fargo, and Interactive Brokers on my Pixel 6 Pro. App verification isn't a problem here. I doubt if what you're seeing is a Pixel 6 bug. Can you try Safe Mode to see what happens?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang,

Yes, the biometric opens my phone with no problem. The weird thing is the apps biometrics worked until 8 days ago and just stopped. My last update was 3/5 so I don't think the update was the cause.
Hi
Maybe try going in safe mode then back out sometime fixes glitches.
Sorry just seen your response
What about once you exit out safe mode

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As well as using the Pixel 6 fingerprint scanner to open my phone, I had two app (LastPass and Toyota apps) that had a biometric in their apps that allowed me to open them using the phone's fingerprint scanner info. When I tried yesterday, neither app will open using their fingerprint biometric (while the phone still opens using the fingerprint scanner). My last update was March 5th and the app sign-on was working after the update. Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this situation?
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

I use the Toyota app and haven't experienced any issues as of yet.

djfro05

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately, I've uninstalled & reinstalled both the LastPass & Toyota apps with no success. Something is definitely funky with my phone. It's almost like a setting has been changed but I have no idea where to begin looking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463