Pixel 6.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Was happily still using my 3XL until I tripped and smashed the screen. Went for the 5 and am totally happy with it. For the first time in 10 years or so I think I've moved into a place where I can skip a year and still be content; saving $$ in the process.

I felt the same with my 3XL when the 4XL came out, and had it not been for the advent of 5G (and it actually being beneficial for me) combined with the pretty substantial loss of battery life on the 3XL, I'd still likely be using it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Was happily still using my 3XL until I tripped and smashed the screen. Went for the 5 and am totally happy with it. For the first time in 10 years or so I think I've moved into a place where I can skip a year and still be content; saving $$ in the process.

Tripping and smashing it?! Oh, no! How horrible! But I'm so glad you're loving your new Pixel 5! It's such a sick phone.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
The 6 will need to have a triple camera set up, a QHD display, and outstanding battery life, at a minimum, in order to even get me thinking about upgrading from my 4XL (which I still think is a great phone).

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
The 6 will need to have a triple camera set up, a QHD display, and outstanding battery life, at a minimum, in order to even get me thinking about upgrading from my 4XL (which I still think is a great phone).

If I had a 4 I would not be thinking of getting a new phone. I'm two versions back, though. So the question becomes what do I do now? Wait and see what happens or get something now?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

The 4 XL is definitely a great phone! I can understand your hesitation about upgrading. I'm quite interested in seeing that the Pixel 6's camera set-up will be.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
If I had a 4 I would not be thinking of getting a new phone. I'm two versions back, though. So the question becomes what do I do now? Wait and see what happens or get something now?

The closer we get to the pixel 6 the more sales we'll see on the other pixels. It could be a win either way :D If your pixel 2's still running good I'd wait.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Finally upgrading the camera sensors is another must have.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
The closer we get to the pixel 6 the more sales we'll see on the other pixels. It could be a win either way :D If your pixel 2's still running good I'd wait.

I have a P2, and was planning on getting a P5 ... but they haven't gone on sale at Verizon. Now I think that I'll just wait for the P6, especially if they are going to get a new camera. Fortunately, my P2 is running good ... the battery doesn't last all day anymore, though. I'm thinking that even if the P5 DOES go on sale, I'll just wait for the P6 and buy it right away.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I am with you. Google can't keep riding the fame of the camera, at this point, Samsung has caught up, and Samsung is finally updating.

Google needs to get to the current gen, as even the price can't sway me any more.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I do like my 4a 5G very much. At this point I wouldn't want to upgrade to the 6, although I am.keen to see what they do with it. The SD765G chip is actually very good for what I do with a phone. It is my second phone after my S10+ but the battery life is incredible. Currently just under 4 hours SoT for over 24 hours and still 54% battery life left.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do like my 4a 5G very much. At this point I wouldn't want to upgrade to the 6, although I am.keen to see what they do with it. The SD765G chip is actually very good for what I do with a phone. It is my second phone after my S10+ but the battery life is incredible. Currently just under 4 hours SoT for over 24 hours and still 54% battery life left.

I'm very interested in what the 6 will bring to the table. I can't wait! I really hope that I will like it!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Screen scanners never seem to work correctly, at least for me. I prefer a back sensor, like on the 5 or my old lGs. Facial one on the XL I have now works good, but was a pain last year while masks were required. Now, back to normal.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Screen scanners never seem to work correctly, at least for me. I prefer a back sensor, like on the 5 or my old lGs. Facial one on the XL I have now works good, but was a pain last year while masks were required. Now, back to normal.

In-display fingerprint scanners give lots of users trouble. A recent software update affected the one on my S10 in a very negative way. Thankfully reinstalling my fingerprints helped - but I do get what you are saying. You need your biometrics to work, and when they don't, it is indeed quite frustrating.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't want a screen print scanner. The physical print scanner on my Pixel 4a works perfectly, my forefinger falls right on it when I pick it up and the phone is unlocked instantaneously. Plus I like the swipe up and down feature for the notification shade. Very convenient.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have adjusted to the in-display fingerprint reader on my OnePlus 8, but I really still hate it. Especially when I unlock my phone at night - have have to close my eyes so it doesn't blind me!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't want a screen print scanner. The physical print scanner on my Pixel 4a works perfectly, my forefinger falls right on it when I pick it up and the phone is unlocked instantaneously. Plus I like the swipe up and down feature for the notification shade. Very convenient.

Aw man, I *miss* that swipe up and down feature for the drop-down menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg