Pixel Bluetooth issues

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Would be interested in your update.

I'm still having issues with the headphones. Even just sitting with the phone to my side, I will get a hiccup here and there. It's not often, it might be every few songs, but it does happen. However, I just got back from about 40 minutes in the car and not once did it hiccup. So, I don't know what the issue is.

If it was hardware, I would expect the issue with both my car and headphones. I know the headphones are working flawlessly with my Moto X though so I am at a loss.

Also, I've checked range and I'm able to walk 20 or so feet away with the phone in the living room and me in another room and it continues to play fine. So, again not quite sure what it can be.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine does not work with Ford Sync as far as text messages. It tries to load all of them at once. And reloads ones already played. Causing Sync to crash.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So, I took the phone for another run with my bluetooth headphones and again had a few instances of bad stuttering for a few seconds. I think it happened 2 or 3 times in the run.

I also tested my Amazon Tap, and haven't had any issues in 45 minutes sitting hear streaming Google Play Music.

So recap:
No bluetooth issues in my Jeep or with Amazon Tap
Plantronic Backbeat Fits stutter/skip occasionally

At this point, I'm left to believe their is some compatibility issue with my headphones and the Pixel and that it's not a Pixel hardware issue.

axemred

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
My mom is having Bluetooth problems with her Pixel XL and her 2016 Honda Accord. The phone and car pair. Contacts are synced. But when she tries to make a call using the car's UI, it doesn't go through. When I place an incoming call to her phone, it rings through the car system, but when I answer through the car it doesn't actually answer on the phone. The PIxel also has problems automatically pairing with the car. When I've tested, I had to manually re-pair it. I had hoped that the November update would fix it, but it doesn't. This is all very frustrating.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a different sort of bluetooth problem.

I have three things I use bluetooth for:

1) Pairing with our Mazda - works perfectly.
2) Pairing with a Jabra Drive in my Mini - also works perfectly.
3) Pairing with my Garmin Edge 510 cycle computer - see below.

The Garmin pairs, but won't connect. I have zero communication between the phone and computer. I have no idea why, and Google is no help, probably because the phone is too new. Not sure what to do at this point.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm Bluetooth Issues...we have two Pixel's here at work.

Mine is paired with a 2016 Jeep Cherokee. It does pair and works but about 40% of the time, it will often lockup my UCONNECT system in my car and I have to park and power off my Jeep for a two minutes to reset it. Often happens when switching between a podcast, music or making a call.

I also gave a salesperson, whom I only see once a year, in a Pixel. It paired with his 2011 Chevy Truck but it will not make or receive calls.

I've posted in the Google forums for this: https://productforums.google.com/fo...rziPyWiHw;context-place=forum/phone-by-google

Does anyone know if Google has made an official statement on this? I may need to exchange the salespersons phone.

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Can confirm with the rest of the folks here regarding Bluetooth issues. I tried using the bluetooth with my mom's '16 Accord, and no luck. It connects, and sees the call history, phonebook,etc but try making a call and it wont work. Could not get this to work for the life of me. However, in my '17 WRX STI, it worked perfect. Added car bluetooth on phone and 0 issues. Weird.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gator,
I've got a pair of Samsung Level Pro's. Excellent BT headset.

But, my BT issues with the Pixel are with every BT device I use. 4 different BT speakers and my BT headset.
Same issue - the range is short, can be blocked easily by just walking between the phone and BT speaker that is just 6' away. Having my Pixel in my pocket during a walk wearing my headset just doesn't work. In hand during a walk it's not good.

Even when parking the Pixel a few inches away from a BT speaker, if I let music run, it'll have drop-outs.

I have paired, re-paired and I've dumped all cache. Have not done a FDR. I'll wait until the next significant update from Google to do that.

Pairing in my FRS is instant. Some drop-outs in the car. If I am listening to a podcast with talking, it's less apparent.

As I posted earlier in this thread, my Pixel XL paired instantly with my car (FRS) AND it plays back with no skips.

I am bringing this up here as I see some forumites having success, others having no success and some like me, who have success and failures with the same phone, but with different BT devices that used to work perfectly with our previous phones.

Hard to say if it's a hardware or software problem, as it could go either way. But I think the tendency would be that if it was "bad" BT hardware in the Pixel, we might see more consistency across failures. Software might be a more likely cause given all the inconsistencies in failures. Who knows?

What I do know is that Google is not very responsive to this issue on their product forum. Maybe they are addressing the issue and we can look forward to resolution in an upcoming update. For sure, this is too big an issue for Google to completely overlook.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
not hearing anything from google on this is disappointing

Agreed and while I'm not one to overreact or be knee jerk, I have a salesman in Oklahoma that needs a phone with Bluetooth to do his work...if there isn't a fix here in a few weeks, I'm going to have to get him into an iPhone. He prefers Windows Phone but being on Verizon, there isn't much of a choice and I'd rather keep him in an "unskinned" Android Phone.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So as an update, I've been testing my bluetooth headphones the past few nights just sitting in my house and they have been working near flawlessly. I'm wondering if the interference is caused when using them outside or when my GPS is engaged (during my runs).

Ryan32

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Uconnect connects to the device without issue, bluetooth audio works pretty consistently but if I get a text message it locks up completely. If i try to make a call, it'll lock up 50+% of the time. From then on, UConnect is frozen on the bluetooth side. I can switch to XM or something, but BT is hosed until i completely shut down the vehicle and restart.

I switch phones constantly, and the Pixel is the only phone that has ever caused this. I've run an S6, S6 Edge, G5, S7, and Pixel just in the past couple months. Pixel is the only one that has these problems.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Uconnect connects to the device without issue, bluetooth audio works pretty consistently but if I get a text message it locks up completely. If i try to make a call, it'll lock up 50+% of the time. From then on, UConnect is frozen on the bluetooth side. I can switch to XM or something, but BT is hosed until i completely shut down the vehicle and restart.

I switch phones constantly, and the Pixel is the only phone that has ever caused this. I've run an S6, S6 Edge, G5, S7, and Pixel just in the past couple months. Pixel is the only one that has these problems.

Yes...same exact thing...there is like a reset procedure we can do on our 2016 Jeep UNCONNECT systems but it erases some data...the only solution is to turn car off for a bit and let the UCONNECT stop...I've actually had my UCONNECT stay ON even with the car is off when it has BLUETOOTH hangups...it has been frustrating...never had a phone do this...is it a show stopper for me? Not YET but for my salesperson, he has to have Bluetooth in his car so I may be exchanging is Pixel for a V20 or a Motorola.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I am now processing, so hopefully I can give you my results with a 2015 Chevy SS soon. Come on shipping notification!

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
The Garmin pairs, but won't connect. I have zero communication between the phone and computer. I have no idea why, and Google is no help, probably because the phone is too new. Not sure what to do at this point.

Solved. In my brainlessness, I neglected to install Garmin Connect. Once I did that, the link between my phone and Edge 510 was made.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
When I get mine I will have to report on my Bluetooth experience with pixel xl I have a 2010 f 150 with a Blaupunkt San Antonio in dash nav unit. The Blaupunkt has been awesome with previous phones so hoping the pixel is no exception

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I haven't had any problems with my 2015 Grand Cherokee. I don't recall getting texts yet while driving but I haven't had any issues with multiple phone calls or with audio.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine does not work with Ford Sync as far as text messages. It tries to load all of them at once. And reloads ones already played. Causing Sync to crash.

I still have this issue with my 2016 Nissan Altima.. It doesn't crash but I had to just turn text messaging off in the car because as soon as I get a new text message while in the car the darn thing starts reading every single text message since the last time I connected to the car. it would interrupt my bluetooth audio streaming as it just constantly loads and reads all the messages.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715