Pixel Fold 2 - on the way? And it is not April 1st

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious why they are moving away from the form factor.. we shall see if these rumors are true..
I wondered about that, too when it was mentioned. Although I did not carefully review the proposed new dimensions - more like the Samsung shape/size or yet another dimension?

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I wondered about that, too when it was mentioned. Although I did not carefully review the proposed new dimensions - more like the Samsung shape/size or yet another dimension?
Is typical Google they just scrap stuff and go a different way.. smh I'm surprised that they've kept the camera bar similar with the regular pixels..

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
As long as the form factor does change to be zfoldish I probably will upgrade to the fold 2
Yeah unfortunately I think the getting rid of our form factor... As I type on this device right now it is so comfortable to use.. If anything they should just concentrate on making it a little lighter.. But I have a feeling they are moving away from it ..maybe bc of apps compatibility who knows

Reactions: Chex313 and bkeaver

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately I think the getting rid of our form factor... As I type on this device right now it is so comfortable to use.. If anything they should just concentrate on making it a little lighter.. But I have a feeling they are moving away from it ..maybe bc of apps compatibility who knows
Yeah, we will have to just wait and see when it actually drops. Until then I am not ruling it out

Reactions: Bkdodger1

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I moved to pixel Fold from z fold 3. Though I am happy with the form factor, I am not happy with multitasking capabilities. I used to do a lot on z fold 3 in a lot less time and on pixel Fold I don't use it unfolded much because of lack of functionality. I will probably move to z fold 6 next.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I moved to pixel Fold from z fold 3. Though I am happy with the form factor, I am not happy with multitasking capabilities. I used to do a lot on z fold 3 in a lot less time and on pixel Fold I don't use it unfolded much because of lack of functionality. I will probably move to z fold 6 next.
Can you explain the features on the Samsung that are not as good or missing on the Pixel Fold?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Can you explain the features on the Samsung that are not as good or missing on the Pixel Fold?
I used these features a lot.
- Multi window (2 and sometimes 3)
- pop up window while taking calls to see information
- Edge panel to launch app pairs and to quickly multi task with frequently used apps
- option to create app pair on edge panel and home screen
- Different home screen layouts when folded and unfolded gives me option to create widgets I wanted when open or closed
- stacking widgets give me option to quick information and takes less space
- Spen to sign documents
- Edit pdf's using Samsung notes
- Secure folder for all banking apps

These are some of the things I remember

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I used these features a lot.
- Multi window (2 and sometimes 3)
- pop up window while taking calls to see information
- Edge panel to launch app pairs and to quickly multi task with frequently used apps
- option to create app pair on edge panel and home screen
- Different home screen layouts when folded and unfolded gives me option to create widgets I wanted when open or closed
- stacking widgets give me option to quick information and takes less space
- Spen to sign documents
- Edit pdf's using Samsung notes
- Secure folder for all banking apps

These are some of the things I remember
It's not a native app but "be nice" app that allows you to create app pairs and launch them together. Only 2 tho not 3. Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone that is curious and wanting this feature.

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not a native app but "be nice" app that allows you to create app pairs and launch them together. Only 2 tho not 3. Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone that is curious and wanting this feature.
I don't know if it was you but someone recommended that app and it works quite nicely to open side-by-side apps that one has previously "coupled" or paired.

Reactions: bkeaver

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it was you but someone recommended that app and it works quite nicely to open side-by-side apps that one has previously "coupled" or paired.
I agree it does. The other app I use is tasker to run nova launcher for the outer screen launcher and pixel launcher for the inner screen launcher. That way I can have my inner screen setup different than my outer.

Reactions: FF22

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree it does. The other app I use is tasker to run nova launcher for the outer screen launcher and pixel launcher for the inner screen launcher. That way I can have my inner screen setup different than my outer.
I tried using Tasker but maybe I'm too old to learn new tricks or my master needs to provide better treats.

Maybe I should give it another try if I can find the links to the modules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter