Pixel Fold - June??

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm a huge pixel fan, but I would never consider being a beta tester for their first generation fold :eek: But then again I didn't consider Samsungs first generation folders either ;)

I like to leave the new tech testing to the bold and the brave lol.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I'm a huge pixel fan, but I would never consider being a beta tester for their first generation fold :eek: But then again I didn't consider Samsungs first generation folders either ;)

I like to leave the new tech testing to the bold and the brave lol.
I'm too curious (as of now) about the Pixel.... I'll take one for the team...lol

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Only thing is Google never been great with trade-in

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I felt they were pretty strong with the initial trade-in values towards Pixel 7/7 Pro. Not Samsung-level-strong, but then again Samsung offers inflated trade-in against even more inflated retail prices.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy had some pretty excellent trade-in deals last year, so hopefully they'll do the same this year.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy had some pretty excellent trade-in deals last year, so hopefully they'll do the same this year.

Their best source of early adopters on a 1st-gen foldable will be the customer base who have bought Pixel 7/7 Pro, Pixel 6/6 Pro, spending the premium over the much more affordable, higher-value 'a'-series. While I'm certainly 'interested' in the Fold, at it's estimated pricing, the only way I'd seriously consider investing in it while I still have a very recent Google flagship (in my case, 7 Pro) would be for Google to incentivize it quite heavily - especially with my device to still be less than a year old when the Fold is expected to ship.

I would not have traded up to the 7 Pro from the 6 Pro without that hefty trade-in, even in hindsight with the knowledge now of how much better it actually is; I'm of the same mind now with the Fold, with the additional caveat that I really wish it were set to ship with, and introduce to the market, the Tensor G3 chip with the substantial efficiency gains that it should provide on a 3nm process (and that chip being introduced a mere few months later on the 8/8 Pro).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Their best source of early adopters on a 1st-gen foldable will be the customer base who have bought Pixel 7/7 Pro, Pixel 6/6 Pro, spending the premium over the much more affordable, higher-value 'a'-series. While I'm certainly 'interested' in the Fold, at it's estimated pricing, the only way I'd seriously consider investing in it while I still have a very recent Google flagship (in my case, 7 Pro) would be for Google to incentivize it quite heavily - especially with my device to still be less than a year old when the Fold is expected to ship.

I would not have traded up to the 7 Pro from the 6 Pro without that hefty trade-in, even in hindsight with the knowledge now of how much better it actually is; I'm of the same mind now with the Fold, with the additional caveat that I really wish it were set to ship with, and introduce to the market, the Tensor G3 chip with the substantial efficiency gains that it should provide on a 3nm process (and that chip being introduced a mere few months later on the 8/8 Pro).

I totally agree about the great trade-in as the main incentive for me to upgrade to my 7 Pro. I was really happy with the 6 Pro (and hadn't encountered any of the glitches that were loudly publicized), and really thought I'd just stick with it. But with the amazing Best Buy deal, the net cost of my 7 Pro was <$200, if I remember correctly!

Now I'll just have to fight the urge when the 8 Pro comes out ... :-[

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Only thing is Google never been great with trade-in

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
As mentioned, I'm hoping for something decent from Best Buy (if I get the PFold). If not, I'll go the Swappa route on one of my phones, although Swappa fees increasing may sway that as well.... Mercari maybe

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned, I'm hoping for something decent from Best Buy (if I get the PFold). If not, I'll go the Swappa route on one of my phones, although Swappa fees increasing may sway that as well.... Mercari maybe

What's Mercari like? I always see listings from that site in the Google Shopping results, but I always wonder how legit they are.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
What's Mercari like? I always see listings from that site in the Google Shopping results, but I always wonder how legit they are.
I've purchased and sold quite a few phones on there. Best advice is to always read the buyers and sellers reviews. The more reviews the better. It's legit and monitored well by the staff.

Buyers and Sellers with zero ratings I would stay away. I laugh when I see people buy a new s23 ultra for 400 from a new seller. They'll get there money back, but I know it will be a process doing it....lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Well I'm going watch your review first on the pixel fold:))

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've purchased and sold quite a few phones on there. Best advice is to always read the buyers and sellers reviews. The more reviews the better. It's legit and monitored well by the staff.

Buyers and Sellers with zero ratings I would stay away. I laugh when I see people buy a new s23 ultra for 400 from a new seller. They'll get there money back, but I know it will be a process doing it....lol

I've never heard of Mercari before -- thanks for describing how it works!

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
I've never heard of Mercari before -- thanks for describing how it works!
I love it! Except the fees of course, but that's just about all of them. Sometimes if your "Johnny on the spot" , you can grab a great deal on something. A legit seller (200 - 5 star reviews) just sold a New unopened 23ultra for 600.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair