Pixel Stand 2 "Realign phone for faster charging"

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pixel Stand 2 "Realign phone for faster charging"

Yeah good point, might as well give it a shot. Seeing as people in this thread have never seen the message, and I'm getting it I'd say 80% of the time I put the phone on the charger, must be something with my charger that's defective.

That's my thought, since it sounds like it's defective to me, as I haven't seen anything about problems with the charger being widespread. It sounds like you just got a bad charger.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried to shift the phone up and down on the charger (and hold it in various positions) to maybe see 1: If the message goes away and 2: possibly confirming/meaning that the charging coil or something has shifted inside the charger? A long shot , but might as well experiment with that; the physical location on the charger up and down.

Haha yeah I've done all sorts of gymnastics with the phone on the charger. Sliding it of the left/right so its off-centre, holding it up higher than the base of the charger, set it upside down, taking it off and put it back on constantly.

Sometimes I'll register and it'll charge normally and not have the message, but most of the time I get the red text saying to realign in, even though it's centred and aligned with the stand perfectly.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

I just tried what you suggested - plugged it into a different wall socket, but still get the same message.

Here's the message without the case & Pixel Stand 2 plugged into a different wall socket:

View attachment 340520
View attachment 340521
View attachment 340522

I don't know what else to do. I might just go back to Google and ask for a refund, but seeing as I'm outside the 2 week return window, I doubt I'll get it.
Definitely something off software or hardware stand ... warranty it for sure ....

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Haha yeah I've done all sorts of gymnastics with the phone on the charger. Sliding it of the left/right so its off-centre, holding it up higher than the base of the charger, set it upside down, taking it off and put it back on constantly.

Sometimes I'll register and it'll charge normally and not have the message, but most of the time I get the red text saying to realign in, even though it's centred and aligned with the stand perfectly.

Most likely defective charger then. I've never even heard of that message or knew it even existed, much less seen it.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Just a long shot, but I was encountering a series of problems with my first generation Pixel Stand -- including the misalignment message, but more frequently the amber light would come on at random times and the stand would stop charging. After doing some online research and trying several suggested solutions without success, I discovered by accident that if I simply unplugged the stand when I wasn't using it for a charge, it worked fine. Since my Pixel 5 only needs to be charged every other night, I just unplug the stand when I take the phone off fully charged every other morning, then when I need it the following night I plug it back in and it functions flawlessly.

That procedure may not resolve your issue, and I know that's not how it's supposed to work; but it might be worth a try before you return the stand. Just leave it unplugged for a day, then plug it back in and place the phone on the stand to see if it works. In any event, good luck.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the Pixel Stand 2 getting this message constantly? I put the phone on the charger, get the red text saying to realign phone, I take it off and put it on again dead centre, same message. Sometimes when I put it on the charger it doesn't show it's charging at all and thinks its off the charge.

I've tried the following:

- Taking off the case
- Restarting the phone
- Removing the charger from blutooth and then syncing it again
- Pulling the plug on the charger and putting it in again

Nothing seems to work. I can't stop this message showing up. I already have extremely slow charging because I'm on the November update (and you need the December update for fast wireless charging for some reason) and now I'm constantly trying to reposition the phone on the charger for the message to go away but it won't.

It's becoming so inconvenient that I'm currently just using the USB C charger. For a device this expensive ($79 USD!!), it has become so, so frustrating to use.

Did anyone have this issue and manage to fix/resolve it?

I had a similar problem with the OG Pixel Stand and my Pixel 6Pro. I re-booted the phone and it seemed to go away. Not sure if this actually fixed the issue, but it hasn't come back.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Just a long shot, but I was encountering a series of problems with my first generation Pixel Stand -- including the misalignment message, but more frequently the amber light would come on at random times and the stand would stop charging. After doing some online research and trying several suggested solutions without success, I discovered by accident that if I simply unplugged the stand when I wasn't using it for a charge, it worked fine. Since my Pixel 5 only needs to be charged every other night, I just unplug the stand when I take the phone off fully charged every other morning, then when I need it the following night I plug it back in and it functions flawlessly.

That procedure may not resolve your issue, and I know that's not how it's supposed to work; but it might be worth a try before you return the stand. Just leave it unplugged for a day, then plug it back in and place the phone on the stand to see if it works. In any event, good luck.

At that point though you've entirely defeated the purpose of a wireless charger.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Pixel Stand 2 "Realign phone for faster charging"

I’m testing the pixel stand this morning I let the phone drain down all the way to 10% from yesterday finally put it on the charger this morning it’s charged 42% the first 30 minutes now let’s see where it finishes …

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

At that point though you've entirely defeated the purpose of a wireless charger.

Not in my judgment. By using the Pixel Stand every other night, I maintain an adequately charged device without ever having to sacrifice the free "untethered" use of it at any time during waking hours. In addition, the adaptive charging function enables me to charge the phone gradually overnight, alleviating the cumulative damage that results from overheating when rapidly charging through the plug-in port. Finally, by using the stand, I'm causing less wear and tear on the charging port itself, and thereby extending the durability of the device in that respect.

Like I said, I understand that the Pixel Stand is designed to function properly when left plugged into the wall all the time, so in that respect you could say that my stand doesn't work as it should. But for me, the minor inconvenience of unplugging it after each use every 48 hours is a small price to pay for having it fulfill my needs, and certainly less of a hassle than going through the process of returning it or the expense of replacing it.

nighthaak

Jan 17, 2022
Visit site
I have a Pixel 6 Pro and the Pixel Stand 2, along with the January update. Having the exact same problem with or without a case. None of the standard troubleshooting techniques seem to do a thing. However, charging works just fine on my original Pixel stand, even with my case on.

This leading me to believe this is a Pixel 2 stand issue??

Nikototopolas

Jan 28, 2022
Visit site
Yes, same. If you have adaptive charging on in your battery settings, it will do this. Adaptive charging slows the charge rate to be gentle on the battery, it must read that slow charge rate as a bad connection.

JT Bellu

Jan 30, 2022
Visit site
Anyone with the Pixel Stand 2 getting this message constantly? I put the phone on the charger, get the red text saying to realign phone, I take it off and put it on again dead centre, same message. Sometimes when I put it on the charger it doesn't show it's charging at all and thinks its off the charge.

I've tried the following:

- Taking off the case
- Restarting the phone
- Removing the charger from blutooth and then syncing it again
- Pulling the plug on the charger and putting it in again

Nothing seems to work. I can't stop this message showing up. I already have extremely slow charging because I'm on the November update (and you need the December update for fast wireless charging for some reason) and now I'm constantly trying to reposition the phone on the charger for the message to go away but it won't.

It's becoming so inconvenient that I'm currently just using the USB C charger. For a device this expensive ($79 USD!!), it has become so, so frustrating to use.

Did anyone have this issue and manage to fix/resolve it?

I've only had my Pixel Stand 2 for about a week and I've had that same message the entire time. This is the only issue I've had with my P6P. It'll still charge but it won't fast charge wirelessly. I've tried all the same as mentioned above. I'm hoping this is something that can be resolved with an app update or a security patch update.

bugsy970

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and my phone was up to date. I'm installing an update now and will try it again but I've been having the same issue for a few weeks. It DID NOT happen in the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy