pixel thoughts

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm liking my pixel 6. I realize the pixel line has bugs along the way in every iteration. My pixel 3xl took months to fix speaker problems etc. Pixel 5 terrible under screen speaker. 4xl was a skip for me for many reasons. My point, for a few years we've had bugs and widely differing hardware.

I'm hoping this time Google sticks to a plan that would make iterative changes to the hardware going forward; I can deal with the software bugs. Like Apple, I would like to see pro and a pro Max. I got the pixel 6 (probably for the same reason as other pixel 6 owners)because the 6p is just too big, not cause the pixel 6p was too expensive.. Because of that I can't have 120hz, hi rez screen and a camera visor that is under utilized.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking my pixel 6. I realize the pixel line has bugs along the way in every iteration. My pixel 3xl took months to fix speaker problems etc. Pixel 5 terrible under screen speaker. 4xl was a skip for me for many reasons. My point, for a few years we've had bugs and widely differing hardware.

I'm hoping this time Google sticks to a plan that would make iterative changes to the hardware going forward; I can deal with the software bugs. Like Apple, I would like to see pro and a pro Max. I got the pixel 6 (probably for the same reason as other pixel 6 owners)because the 6p is just too big, not cause the pixel 6p was too expensive.. Because of that I can't have 120hz, hi rez screen and a camera visor that is under utilized.
Most reviewed say the pixel 6 compared to the 6p when comparing the size it's hardly any different and should not be the reason you choose the 6 over the 6p bc of how minor the difference is. The price on the other hand is a big deal IMHO.

I think if Google sticks to the tensor chip and continues to make it better, controlling the chip + software it should get much better.

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I do agree there is not much difference in size, but to me the p6 is at the top of my size tolerance and I would prefer it to be a tad smaller. I also didn't mention that I don't like curved screens.
It seems Apple is the only company that supports two pro sizes.
I tried ordering an iPhone pro, unfortunately when I recieved it, I felt like George Bailey when he was shaking Mr. Potter's hand, instantly regretting the handshake and wiping his hand on his shirt.

dleavins

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
I also wish the pro was smaller. It's too big for me. But I bought it anyway because I wanted the pro features and I thought I would regret not getting them. I'm happy with my decision on the whole, but I'm still not used to the size. It's an adjustment I am still making.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I do agree there is not much difference in size, but to me the p6 is at the top of my size tolerance and I would prefer it to be a tad smaller. I also didn't mention that I don't like curved screens.
It seems Apple is the only company that supports two pro sizes.
I tried ordering an iPhone pro, unfortunately when I recieved it, I felt like George Bailey when he was shaking Mr. Potter's hand, instantly regretting the handshake and wiping his hand on his shirt.
Gotcha and I hope next year they make the same exact phone but smaller.

I literally had every single pixel XL since the original pixel (Not the A models except the pixel 3a got it as a spare) and last year I went from the 4xl literally specifically bc it was finally bezeless and smaller which made the screen be so similar to the 4 xl but much smaller and that form factor was perfect really miss it.

For me 6p i love it and enjoy the size when watching media and playing games, but if I had to choose I'd pick a pixel 5 size if available. Actually for me a in between would be perfect, maybe a 6.2 would be excellent!

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If they make "the same phone, but smaller" it will have a smaller battery and folks will screech like wounded eagles about battery lifel

I'm very happy with my Pixel 6, and I really don't spend very much time looking for flaws.

crackd11

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I also wish the pro was smaller. It's too big for me. But I bought it anyway because I wanted the pro features and I thought I would regret not getting them. I'm happy with my decision on the whole, but I'm still not used to the size. It's an adjustment I am still making.

Exactly my point. I want a smaller flagship phone. Leave the pixel a series with 2 rear cameras, lower refresh...etc.

Let the pixel 6 keep the same flat screen @6.4" (maybe smaller bezels) but let it have all the pro features of the 6 pro.

I still love the pixel 6. Just hope next year...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel with each and every new iteration -- not just the Pixel ones -- there will be bugs and issues that need fixing. It's unfortunate that some of the more "flagship" features get added to the Pro models -- but I guess that's where the money is! I think Google is doing a great job with this line!

Also, OP, I too thought the Pixel 4 line was worth skipping!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a 4XL and believe, it could be the best phone I have ever had. Solid, good battery, decent camera, going on two years now. Never had any of the problems people are having with the P6.

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded to a P6Pro from a 4XL, and my wife from a 4a to 6. We are both very happy. Apps run a lot better such as Android Auto. AA is really laggy on my 4xl. We are not having any network problems either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny