Pixel XL restock?

robotronprime

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
So, to my understanding, the Pixel XL has been out of stock basically since pre-orders began. At the moment, the Very Silver 32GB version is in stock (not my preference), but nothing else. Anyone know when the other variants will be in stock again?

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I would check daily, in the AM and the Late PM to see if stock is replenished, it's a lottery now at this point for the foreseeable future...

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Through the Google store, yes, there was a wait list.

I know it's not a popular option, but since I'm with Verizon, I pre-ordered mine through them. Delivery is expected by 10/20, for XL 128 GB. For folks worried about the Verizon Pixel, here is a thread with some info on it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-xl/731932-verizon-version-info-google-rep.html

Have you read the dozens of articles against purchasing at Verizon? Updates will be, well, when Verizon is good and ready. And bloatware, no thank you.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Through the Google store, yes, there was a wait list.

I know it's not a popular option, but since I'm with Verizon, I pre-ordered mine through them. Delivery is expected by 10/20, for XL 128 GB. For folks worried about the Verizon Pixel, here is a thread with some info on it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-xl/731932-verizon-version-info-google-rep.html

Have you read the dozens of articles against buying at Verizon? Tortoise speed updates, and bloatware. No thank you

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Have you read the dozens of articles against purchasing at Verizon? Updates will be, well, when Verizon is good and ready. And bloatware, no thank you.

Verizon will have minimal, if any, bloatware on the Pixel. I doubt Google would have compromised Verizon completely interfering with their product so that they (Google) could make a quick buck. Google doesn't strike me as that type of company at the moment. Even if there is some bloatware on the phone, it really isn't that difficult to disable that bloatware to maximize a phone's performance. I did that with my Note 7, and it worked really, really well.

For updates, most people are accustomed to Verizon being really, really slow (I know that first hand). But I think Google will have more control than most folks think. Feel free to take a look at the thread I linked before. That information is from a reliable Verizon source.

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been on the wait list for the Pixel XL silver 128 since 24 hours after it was available for pre-order and i have yet to get an email about being able to order. I think is missed my order by minutes because it was not out of stock until after i was in the cart trying to sort out my payment method.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been on the wait list for the Pixel XL silver 128 since 24 hours after it was available for pre-order and i have yet to get an email about being able to order. I think is missed my order by minutes because it was not out of stock until after i was in the cart trying to sort out my payment method.

I have been on the waitlist since minutes after it was available. Nothing yet for me either.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Verizon will have minimal, if any, bloatware on the Pixel. I doubt Google would have compromised Verizon completely interfering with their product so that they (Google) could make a quick buck. Google doesn't strike me as that type of company at the moment. Even if there is some bloatware on the phone, it really isn't that difficult to disable that bloatware to maximize a phone's performance. I did that with my Note 7, and it worked really, really well.

For updates, most people are accustomed to Verizon being really, really slow (I know that first hand). But I think Google will have more control than most folks think. Feel free to take a look at the thread I linked before. That information is from a reliable Verizon source.

Verizon has been the fastest carrier to update their phones, have been for sometime now. I mean it depends on manufacturer too though.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the wait list (128GB Black XL). Hopefully I get an email but I think they will stock this back quicker than they have historically. Need to wait until just after launch to see some stock come back. I am not worried.

It makes sense since they are pumping a lot of money into advertising. They wouldn't do that to push a product that is virtually out of stock and cannot be ordered. That's OnePlus' job. ;)

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Have you read the dozens of articles against buying at Verizon? Tortoise speed updates, and bloatware. No thank you

Three apps, removeable, one of which is the account management tool. ArsTechnica has a response from Verizon and I read one somewhere (sorry didn't note where) from Google saying Google and Verizon would coordinate on timely releases of OS updates and Google handling security ones. Fun to demonize Verizon, I get that, and they can be annoying but they have the phones, they are my carrier by default (no one else covers my area in any workable reliable way) and I have actually had great customer service from them as long as I avoid the stores and go to their 800 number.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame they don't simply open pre-orders more extensively. People are already getting estimates of 4-6 weeks on delivery (over a month beyond actual launch), so it wouldn't appear that they're overly concerned with timeframe.

I don't know what the production cycle is, but looking at how swiftly Samsung was able to produce sizeable stock after the first run showed its issues, I'd think Google could get HTC to produce a sizeable amount in say two months - and they'd get a WHOLE lot more actual orders in. By having it so locked up, many people who might order a Pixel variant now may move to other devices (e.g., LG V20). True, they could see some order cancellations, but they'd still end up with far more completed sales, and make a lot of buyers happy to not have to deal with the continual checking of the Play Store.

Of course, it could be their way of limiting the number of Daydream sets they give out, but they've already said it's a 'while supplies last' item, and they could pull it down when they near/hit their limit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanostu7