Playing videos on NC

dhornbeck

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought Act 1 Video Player to play some mp4 videos I had downloaded for my daughter, the videos won't work. Anyone have any luck playing videos on their NC?

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
not sure why you bought a video player when the stock one works perfectly. playing videos is probably the main reason i bought a Nook and so far its been great. MP4 files should play no problem.

dhornbeck

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Any other formats, I had heard that avi worked, but I've had some problems there. Some mp4s have worked, but not all. Anyone know if itunes movies work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

dquangt

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Any other formats, I had heard that avi worked, but I've had some problems there. Some mp4s have worked, but not all. Anyone know if itunes movies work.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

just use handbrake to convert everything and you should have no problems. its easy to use. i can copy my settings and post them and you can import them once you install HB.

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the stock player: mp4 video with sac audio. Audio needs to be converted to stereo if ripping from a dvd with multi-channel audio

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
itunes movies will not work, as far as I know. They are DRM protected. If you have them on a PC, there are convertors you can buy on the web that will remove the DRM and then convert them to mp4, but if you own a mac, there is no way to get itunes movies (digital downloads and itunes purchases) on any player other than ipod/iphone/ipad. Sucks. I have a droid incredible. Handbrake was able to rip most dvds we own into mp4 format to view except newer disney movies as they have employed copy protections on them. I do not own a NC yet but will probably purchase on tonight with the $50 off from ebay.

n25philly

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
It might not be the format but the resolution that is the issue. The nook tends to choke on hd content. If you are having trouble try this:

1) download/install handbreak
2) open it up and select the video you want to watch as the source
3) Select the ipod preset
4) Check the box that says keep video aspect and then set the height to 480.
5) Go to the video tab and set the average bitrate to 1100
6) click start at the top

It's not going to be hd anymore, but it will still look really good on the nook and will actually play

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24