Please Help - Can not connect to my PC

alextodd16

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Im trying to connect my DROID to my PC (windows vista) - it shows up as 'Removable Disk' - but when i click on it - it says "Please insert a Disk into the Removable Disk". I have - on the phone - pulled down the USB notification and hit the "mount" button - no change. I've shut both the phone and computer down and restarted - no change. I've removed the SD card and re-installed - no change. Im using the supplied motorola usb cable. I dont know what else to try. Any help is much appreciated!

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I believe you have to "unmount" the card in order for it to show up.. I would reboot the pc and try it again with the "unmount" command.. I cant test it as Im not near a pc..

alextodd16

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks...I did that to...i feel like I tried everything...i've been working on this all day....I was hoping someone else may have the same issue.

Snaz

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
When you pull down the notification screen on your droid....AFTER choosing Mount....does it say Turn off USB storage...under "Ongoing"?

alextodd16

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
ok - i did that - and still same thing - it seemed to be working at first asking me to install new drivers - which i did - restarted my computer - and still the same thing. grrrrrrrrrrr