please help im stuck at bootloader screen!!!

jayboy005

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I can use my inspire anymore. it is stuck at the bootloader screen. i tried to load a rom with rom manager and it is stuck. now it wont reset to factory, restore, recover reboot anything. .... please help!!!!!!!!!! i have to go to work and my phone is fried...

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Pull battery out while on bootloader screen, wait 5 minutes, put it back in, if it goes back to the boot screen you can browse through the options to just reboot the device. Hoe it helps.

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
On the HBOOT screen, you should have a second list with fastboot, reboot and a few other things, if you don't, press power button once to show another set of options, using the volume button + or -, you can choose to reboot by pressing the power button again on the top of the phone.

haxle

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
oops

Might need to check the forums on how to unroot and follow those instructions to flash it back to stock.... just a thought...

jayboy005

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i cant unroot or anything. all i can do is look at the fastboot menu and bootlaoder. i can scroll through menus and pick options such as factory reset, recover, etc... but all just return to fastboot/bootloader menu. So there is no way to do anything, let alone unroot and flash back to stock. all my backups are on the sd card but i cant access it because im stuck at the fastboot/bootloader screen... there seems to beno image on my interneal memory...??? any help would be appreciated. I cant do anything right now. my old n900 used to be able to be flashed from the pc using a usb cord, do i have that option with android??

jayboy005

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
really? no one has any options for me or suggestions? anything? i am seriously stuck with a bricked phone. Some help would reeeaallly be appreciated...

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Go over to XDA developers and look there for a stock version of the PD98IMG.zip file. (This is the stock ROM that your phone will always update from if it sees it on the SD card) Try putting it on your SD card and the bootloader should find it and try to update from it. Depending on what method you used to Root you may have the file still on you computer.

XDA has a lot of people that have messed their Inspires all up and almost everyone has got them back. I screwed mine up and it took 7 hrs, lots of stress and lots of reading but I got it back. The trick is finding a copy of the Stock ROM to push onto your phone.

Good Luck!

jayboy005

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Go over to XDA developers and look there for a stock version of the PD98IMG.zip file. (This is the stock ROM that your phone will always update from if it sees it on the SD card) Try putting it on your SD card and the bootloader should find it and try to update from it. Depending on what method you used to Root you may have the file still on you computer.

XDA has a lot of people that have messed their Inspires all up and almost everyone has got them back. I screwed mine up and it took 7 hrs, lots of stress and lots of reading but I got it back. The trick is finding a copy of the Stock ROM to push onto your phone.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much for your response. Please let me ask you, I made a backup of the stock rom and it is currently on the sd card, wouldn't that be all I need? And also, are you saying that if I go and find that pd98img.zip and place it on my card that the bootloader should pick it up automatically?

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure what you did to end up where you are but when you have a file named PD98IMG.zip on your SD Card your phone tries to update from it. If it is an updateable file it will do it. It might be worth it for you to try the simple root again because it will push those files back onto your phone where you need them. You will have to go through the whole process again, but you already have a gold card if you did the simple root so that makes it a little easier. Go over to HTC Inspire 4G - xda-developers . They have the great community of people dealing with the Inspire over there. It is hard to brick the phone, you just need to have the right Operating system on there.

zatipnis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
For anyone on google who still has this phone, i fixed my problem by flashing a rom from xda developers that was the rooted stock updated inspire rom (with sense 3.0) and it booted again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar