Please Help! Note 5 Low Memory Crash, how can I fix this?

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Please Help! Note 5 Low Memory Crash

My Note 5 used all of its memory and the functions stopped working. After getting messages that there wasn't enough memory to even open storage, I tried to re-boot. My device has a password and gets to the screen to put it in and then I see a lock with a circle around it that keeps turning but it will never turn on. I see the Samsung and android logos as well in between lock screens. Eventually it just stops turning and asks for my password again and then repeats the same process. I can see it briefly on my laptop when I plug it in, but it doesn't look like its showing up as a storage device. I'm installing a usb driver to my laptop now to see what happens. I'm thinking if I can figure out a way to remove some of what's on there it would work again. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions to get it to turn on and/or get photos/videos off of it in this state or anything to free up memory would be helpful. I really don't want to have to wipe it and lose everything. Also, with such limited storage in the phone does anyone have suggestions for the best and most affordable way to back up the phone contents? This phone is fairly new, so I was surprised to use all of the memory so quickly. Beware on your devices, because this happened with very little warning. My husband has the same phone and his somehow reset and wiped everything and he had to re-set everything up all over again. He lost everything that wasn't backed up. I'm thinking that perhaps he typed the wrong password too many times, but he wasn't sure how it happened. He did not have the same issue that I'm having as of yet. Thank you!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Please Help! Note 5 Low Memory Crash

If your husband entered a password incorrectly 15 times the phone will do a complete wipe. This feature can be turned off in the security settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

You could try booting in maintenance boot mode by pressing volume down, power and home button simultaneously for a few seconds until the screen goes black. It will allow you to boot normal, safe mode, or wipe.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

What is taking up so much room in your phone? Photos, videos, and music can be stored on clouds for free so there is no need to have them on your phone. That would leave apps and it would takes hundreds to fill your phone. You can also backup everything to your laptop.

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

I believe the memory was used up from taking videos and photos. Where is the best free place to back up? Most free places I'm backing up are getting full and are starting to ask for payment.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I believe the memory was used up from taking videos and photos. Where is the best free place to back up? Most free places I'm backing up are getting full and are starting to ask for payment.

Google photos is free and unlimited

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

If you have THAT many photos and videos to back up, I'd suggest buying an external hard drive to store them.

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Should I try USB Debug mode? Will that allow me to access it from my laptop? I have Verizon repair assistant on my laptop, but it doesn't see the phone. My laptop briefly see's the phone which is how I loaded the repair assistant off of it, but I don't know how to see the files on it from the laptop by making it a storage device.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Yeah try USB debugging and see if your phone acts like a storage device

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I jus tried to access my phones files on my Macbook, I did not have to use USB debugging, but I did have to unlock my phone to access the files. Unlock as with a pin or fingerprint. Not bootloader.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I hate to say it but a factory reset sounds in order.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Get on wifi and sync all of your photos and videos with Google photos. And then make sure they're all on there. Delete all from your phone. That should free up a lot of memory space. Also go into your storage options and clear cache

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick