Please help! S5 Completely unusable, how can I fix it?

A

AC Question

Please help! S5 Completely unusable

I Rooted my phone about 2 months ago it worked fine for about a week after that everything started to crash and i just want to make it work again i will probably never root again

I open my phone and get all these error messages.

Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home has stopped
Unfortunately, Contacts storage has stopped.
Unfortunately, Download manager has stopped.
Unfortunately, contacts has stopped
Unfortunately, Unified Daemon has stopped
Unfortunately,contacts Storage has stopped
Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home has stopped
Unfortunately, Download manager has stopped.
Unfortunately, LogsPrtovider has stopped.

it said more but they were just more repeats after i (ok) about 10 of the error messages i get a black screen with my status bar at the top i can access notifications and settings and use apps previously opened using the multitask button but storage stopped working lost all my pictures that were not on my Micro SD card, if i try to do anything i have to go though all those error messages over and over again after i click anything. I tried factory resetting about 5 or 6 times now. That makes it work fine for about 2 or 3 days then its back to the same error messages and becoming unusable again.

it says "set warrenty bit: kernal" in yellow writing since the root process if that means anything

Please help it would be much appreciated

I have tried few things

booting in recovery and clearing cache.
Factory Data reset 5-6 times.
removing SD Card then factory reset and leaving out.
googling my problem but cant find answer anywhere.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Please help! S5 Completely unusable

Mod Note, I will move this to the s5 forum for more visibility

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help! S5 Completely unusable

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 42 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 7 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0, Android 5.0.1, Android 5.0.2, Android 5.1.1 and Android 6.0.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone Info Samsung and it will give you, under Firmware... PDA, CSC and Baseband, versions as well as your Product code under the CSC CODE heading.

#3. Also helpful would be your carrier, (service provider), location, (UK, India, Russia, USA, etc: ), and as your phone is rooted and running a custom ROM, (give details).

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali