Please Help! :)

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Im not to new to this but im struggling and hopefully someone can shed some light.

I updated yesterday to 4.4 in the uk on tesco mobile (O2) and i havent really seen many changes.

I know alot of them are "under the hood" but everywhere i see is new wallpapers new screen app designs and new dialer design also with the new call id feature.

I actually had an 0800 call earlier and it was same as old 4.3?

Have i not done something or are these not features available to the S4 etc.

Please can someone shed some light.

ThNKS

dAN

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help Please :)

Are you sure you completed the ugrade? Check your softwar eversion and verify its 4.4
You should definitely notice the differences, both in performance (although slight), and in visual.

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi Thanks for quick reply, yea its 4.4.2 if i tap the build i get the kitkat easter egg thing!

i can def notice some performance differences but nothing else, im sure the wigets have changed too but dont have that either its just the same?.

The things i have noticed is that there is a couple of different options when removing an app, also the camera on the lock screen.

is there new wallpapers, is there the dialler change? have you got this?

Thanks

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Hi Thanks for quick reply, yea its 4.4.2 if i tap the build i get the kitkat easter egg thing!

i can def notice some performance differences but nothing else, im sure the wigets have changed too but dont have that either its just the same?.

The things i have noticed is that there is a couple of different options when removing an app, also the camera on the lock screen.

is there new wallpapers, is there the dialler change? have you got this?

Thanks

If you want to change dialer , you can use a 3rd party dialer such as this or contacts app like this

That's the beauty of Android , You can customize many things if you don't like.

btw , What color dialer are you having ?

edit : i think you might be confused with 4.4 on Galaxy S5 which has many differences compared to 4.4 on Galaxy S4.

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

hi

Yes im aware that can customise :) but its more irritatiing if i should have something and havent.

No as far as im aware the kitkate 4.4 on galaxy s4 should have a new dialer icon and new functions such as caller id for 0800 etc numbers.

Thanks

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
1.If you use Google Now, once in the app just say “Ok Google” to launch voice search, send a text, get directions or even play a song.
2.The notification icon and battery are now white
3. While listening to music or watching a movie on your device, you’ll see a full-screen album art when your device is locked. You can play, pause, or seek to a specific moment.
3. Emoticons available on Google Keyboard, and you can place them anywhere.
4. Jump to a specific part of a song or video from your lock screen. Just long press on the play or pause button and then select the point you want.

The smart caller ID is exclusive to Nexus and Google Play Edition devices (unfortunately I missed out on that feature too) I'm guessing the wallpaper your seeing is probably, some people have downloaded out the app store I haven't found any new wallpapers in the update.

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

hi

Yes im aware that can customise :) but its more irritatiing if i should have something and havent.

No as far as im aware the kitkate 4.4 on galaxy s4 should have a new dialer icon and new functions such as caller id for 0800 etc numbers.

Thanks

That's only for the nexus 5,google kept it exclusive for them only.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Millzey13

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Sasha thats a great help.

Shame about the non caller i.d not being a feature!

Thought there was also a new home screen freshen up also.

Pretty poor update concidering how long weve all waited.

Thanks again

Dan

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Sasha thats a great help.

Shame about the non caller i.d not being a feature!

Thought there was also a new home screen freshen up also.

Pretty poor update concidering how long weve all waited.

Thanks again

Dan

You are welcome and I agree, I was looking for more. I was especially excited about the new dialer and caller ID huge disappointment!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beauty1