Poll: Do you use the dual cameras?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The G5 was one of the first to have an actual dual camera that can shoot wide and regular shots. This attracted me to the LG series, but the V20 was more polished and was what the G5 should have been. On top of that, the V20 offers a front wide angle selfie cam as well! I use both the front wide angle and rear wide angle cameras all the time. Why aren't other manufacturers jumping on this? S8: no dual camera, iPhone 7 Plus: not really useable dual camera, Pixel: forget about it. Now, it's a hard for me to switch to a different manufacturer because none of them have dual cameras. Do you use the wide angle cameras often? If so, what for? If the Note 8 comes out with a single camera, would you switch?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have no use for wide screen and I don't do well in manual mode. If I had to choose my biggest disappointment in my v20 it would be the camera. My Note 7 was much better. All in all, however, I like my V20 better than the Note 7.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I use the wide angle. Generally when I do shots, I do both wide and normal. I love it actually. It's the thing that pushed me to move from the V10 to the V20.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Its by far my favorite feature, and the one that truly holds me to LG. My only disappointment for the V20 was that its only 8mp on the back. There is a noticeable difference in quality if you look at them on a large monitor or have them printed. Glad they fixed this in the G6.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've used the wide angle on the back, but it's rare that I'm in a situation that calls for it. Plus the trade-off in quality just isn't worth it for me. I'd rather have the regular plus a higher focal length lens if using a dual setup. I'd get more use out of an optically increased focal length lens than a wide angle.

Then again, the best would be one that has a true optical zoom that adjusts the focal length itself.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I also use the wide-angle constantly. Even when taking just utility pictures like of the schmuck who parked so close to me I could barely open my door. (OK, the pictures I took weren't wide-angle but I was contemplating it... But I didn't want to include the license plates).

Attachments

• 38228.jpg
    38228.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 28

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I also use the wide-angle constantly. Even when taking just utility pictures like of the schmuck who parked so close to me I could barely open my door. (OK, the pictures I took weren't wide-angle but I was contemplating it... But I didn't want to include the license plates).
Could have used quick capture and "penned" it out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks