Possible bug? Phone auto-dialing new call after hanging up with another caller?

Lita Mishra

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
MOTO.G Android 4.44, in Btooth off:
Today at same deptl store as SKM145, and phone placed 10 calls to 1 and 1 more call to another number.
SEQUENCE ENDED same way: one of them had called back and we'd spoken
Hate this bug. Anyone had a solution please? :)

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I didn't get update notifications for the thread so missed all the replies.

Anyways, both phones seem to be doing better now. My Nexus 5 has not made any calls, and we ended up getting the MotoG replaced by Motorola under warranty. A full factory reset seems to improve things.

For a while I just installed a call blocking app (it just asks to confirm if you really want to make a call when a call starts, very effective). Specifically I used this app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...vladlee.callconfirm.free&hl=en&token=ojs6jzI0

fastfinger

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem on my Note 4. I'm just hitting the red end call button and it will sometimes immediately re-dial. I had thought all along for some reason there was an error ending the call since that's the way it looks, but found out today it was immediately redialing. I'm not new to Android and never had this happen on my S4

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had to reinstall the call confirm app as the Moto G is doing the auto dialling again. A complete factory reset and even a new phone were only temporary fixes. There is a bug in this phone and it gets worse over time.

Here's hoping that the Android 5.0 update resolves this.

ashtonroad

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same problem, HTC One, Kitkat 4.4.3 thought it me pressing a button. Had problem nearly s2 Years, from new and two early versions of the OS.

It's rubbish, I'm fed up of it ringing a random contact, they ring back and ask what's up, when I don't really want to talk to them.

Has anybody got a solution besides replacing the OS with another one?

Kim Wright4

May 13, 2015
Visit site
my ZTE metro pcs does this as well, then for additional fun it leaves a voicemail that has other people talking, and other unknown activities
that are not happening during the voice mail recording.At the risk of sounding I was told it was programmed onto the sd card i had before i owned
a smart phone, as I would just plug it in to transfer my contacts. could this be a hack?

Kim Wright4

May 13, 2015
Visit site
part two ....I did not want to sound crazy, from first post. This only happens to one contact my favorite after texting and i set the phone down, i might also mention its a call that almost positively will go to voicemail

Rick Ferris

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. Android 4.4.
It's a silly/stupid design fault. If the person you are talking to hangs up before you do (it can be just milliseconds), the red hangup button disappears and instead of pressing it, you press a random contact behind it. I try to wait for some time, before pressing the red button, hoping that the person will hang up before I do, but of course if we both have Android 4.4, then one of us is guaranteed to make a random call instead of hanging up.

It's a phone after all, and they mess up such a basic feature as making a call... Geez.

The red button should become gray (or something) for a second before disappearing, if the person you are talking to hangs up. This would solve the problem.

paddychip

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
did both happen with bluetooth devices connected?

seems like a strange bug, that's for sure. Can you think of any other common factors between the 2 devices? apps? usage patterns? apps or services being used just before the self-dialing happens? I assume they're both on the same carrier, but I'll ask just to cover the bases.

Look at anything and everything that the 2 devices have in common. I'm thinking an app or bluetooth service/device is causing it but it's just a wild-*** guess at this point, having nothing else to go on.

Do you have auto voice dialling turned on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitamarie58

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung S7 does this too. EVERY time I hang up from a call, the phone calls someone else. Usually one of the last few calls made, not the one I just called. What is going on?

AppleAndRose

Sep 21, 2017
Visit site
So noticed something weird with KitKat, and confirmed this on two different phones (Nexus 5 and Moto G but running latest KitKat 4.4.2). On occasion (not every time) the phone seems to auto dial someone after you've ended a call with someone else.

My wife reported the problem first with her Moto G. At first I thought she might just be accidentally hitting a button after calling someone (this is her first smart phone and first touch screen phone) but it's happened several times for her. Final catch was today when I clearly had it happen to me (it also appears it may have happened before once or twice on my phone). I had called someone using my bluetooth in my car, at the end of the call I pushed the hangup button on the steering wheel, and the call ended. Then my wife picked up the phone to call another person and we both noticed it was calling some other friend of ours (that I had txt'd with maybe 2 hours before). It had just started calling this person for no reason. We quickly ended the call (hopefully it didn't bug them), but wow is that annoying.

Has anyone else seen this? It seems to happen every once in a while right after hanging up with another call. It seems to call someone in either your recent call or txt history. I'm not sure what might trigger it as it doesn't happen every time, and I'm not sure what number it chooses to call (though it does appear to be someone you recently called or txt'd).

If I hadn't seen it do it right in front of my face with no contact with the phone (bluetooth handsfree only) I wouldn't have believed it.

Again, both KitKat based phones but very different manufactures.

This is nothing when compared to the issues I am facing with my fone Nubia N1. I don't know what is causing it but my fone is behaving in such a way that I feel like it got possessed by a demon. Call getting auto dialed is just the tip of the iceburg. When you get deep into it you can see lot of stuffs happening like icons rotating on the screen,apps getting opened,windows popping up from nowhere,keypad auto texting I mean what ever **** is there its all happening. I dont get to choose to whom I call its something that the fone decides. If I swipe one contact call goes to another. At first I thought it is because of the exposure to water as I had accidently dropped few drops on it once. My phone is still functioning just that its functioning in an unimaginably weird way. Is there any solution for this ? Is it caused by a bug ? I don't have the answer !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret