Possible Wifi/Notification problem

michaels_epp

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for less than a week but I noticed something a little odd and annoying. Sometimes, I can be using the phone normally to stream videos or browse the internet without any problem, but when I disconnect from wifi for whatever reason I get a stream of notifications from Snapchat, Twitter, Groupme, and Instagram. The internet works but the notifications do not come through until I switch to data. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried factory resetting the phone but the problem still persists. I also know that it is not a problem with my wifi as no other phone connected to the same router have any similar problems. Do I have a defective phone or is there anything else I can do before getting it replaced?

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with my note 5 when I'm in WiFi I only get txts and when out of WiFi I get everything else. The only fix i have found is to turn the WiFi off on my phone and to reconnect to the WiFi then it works fine

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for less than a week but I noticed something a little odd and annoying. Sometimes, I can be using the phone normally to stream videos or browse the internet without any problem, but when I disconnect from wifi for whatever reason I get a stream of notifications from Snapchat, Twitter, Groupme, and Instagram. The internet works but the notifications do not come through until I switch to data. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried factory resetting the phone but the problem still persists. I also know that it is not a problem with my wifi as no other phone connected to the same router have any similar problems. Do I have a defective phone or is there anything else I can do before getting it replaced?
I suspect a firewall or other security setting that is prohibiting the data from being sent over the WiFi network. Try rebooting the WiFi router and see if that fixes your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers