Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) here!

Shots like these are useless since we don't know which is more life like. The iPhone 6's pics for instance may look good , but the colors may be way off. Perhaps the sky wasn't as blue as shown, we don't know unless the one who takes the photos tells us, which they didn't .

I respectfully disagree. While most of us typically expect to see pics posted to the internet as they look to the original viewer's eye, to do so oftentimes requires a lot of post-processing to get it to that level. So when it comes to smartphone cameras, the sensors and built-in post-processing software attempt to do the same thing. So when it comes to pics like these that depict each different smartphone camera's results, it gives the viewer an idea of which results they would find more pleasing/acceptable compared to the others. So while one might be washed out or another too dark, those might be preferred to a given view based on personal preferences. So these comparisons do exactly what they are intended: Regardless of original scene, this is what you're going to get. Which do you think looks best to you?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Couple I shots I took while in London last weekend. The big ben one I just adjusted the brightness before the shot because the sun was right behind it and made everything darker.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7577.jpg
    7577.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20150925_173019783.jpg
    IMG_20150925_173019783.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20150925_172827152_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150925_172827152_HDR.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 29

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

IPhone 6 here for the win. The indoor shots are what they are, none are great, especially with the flash but slight edge to Sony. Where the iPhone wins is outside. Look at the blue sky from your iPhone shot compared to the white-ish, turquoise sky in the moto x shot

The indoor shots were without flash; they have a VERY hot light on the KitKat Sign. The Sony a6000 gives way more flexibility than any smartphone camera, and normally I wouldn't have even this stuff with my iPhone, since it's my work phone.

What I typically do is shoot with the a6000, and transfer few select photos to share to my phone or tablet via WiFi and the Sony app.

I'll often use the phone cameras to document stuff because there are apps that will imprint the date and location onto the photo, something the a6000 won't do by itself.

I just thought it was an interesting, if not rigorously controlled, experiment. And yes, the sky is rendered more "true" in the Sony and iPhone pics.

I have FV5-5, but haven't had time tp play with it much, to see if it helps get "better" pictures.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I respectfully disagree. While most of us typically expect to see pics posted to the internet as they look to the original viewer's eye, to do so oftentimes requires a lot of post-processing to get it to that level. So when it comes to smartphone cameras, the sensors and built-in post-processing software attempt to do the same thing. So when it comes to pics like these that depict each different smartphone camera's results, it gives the viewer an idea of which results they would find more pleasing/acceptable compared to the others. So while one might be washed out or another too dark, those might be preferred to a given view based on personal preferences. So these comparisons do exactly what they are intended: Regardless of original scene, this is what you're going to get. Which do you think looks best to you?

Well said.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Waiting to leave DTW the other day

IMG_20150928_153440234_HDR.jpg

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

So is everyone happy w/ the camera? I see these shots but they're only the select ones you choose to show us. What about those you don't? Also, please note how important a camera is to you.

Thanks!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

So is everyone happy w/ the camera? I see these shots but they're only the select ones you choose to show us. What about those you don't? Also, please note how important a camera is to you.

Thanks!

For a smartphone camera, I'm very happy. Yes, the shutter speed is a little slow (several reviewers pointed this out) but the quality of the pics I get are very satisfying. My son's friends are envious of the "HD camera" with his pics and my wife says "I love this camera!" so our household is three thumbs up on it.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I specifically upgraded from a moto X 2014 to the pure edition to have a better camera for the trip I just took the London and am happy with the pictures I have. I'm not a big cell phone picture taker but I went by myself so figured I'd take a lot of photo's and didn't feel limited at all by any lighting issues. So yes, definitely happy with the phone and happy with the camera.

powgal

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks!

I upgraded from a Droid RAZR MAXX HD, so the camera is a vast improvement. The camera is fairly important to me. I want a good point and shoot experience to capture those spur of the moment things. On the rare occasion I will play around with the camera settings to try to get the best shot - usually for something like a sunset or rainbow or scenes that aren't fast moving.

jtblazer

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

A beautiful pumpkin roll that a co worker sells for $10. They are delicious!

Attachments

• 1443830273662.jpg
    1443830273662.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 37

powgal

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

VERY VERY low lighting conditions - my hurricane provisions. Both pics taken with just the "night time" mode selected.

Taken with my Droid RAZR MAXX HD (Night mode) - note the bluish tint to the wall and the total lack of any shadows:
IMG_20151002_200708_074.jpg

Taken with my Moto XPE (Night mode):
IMG_20151002_195733059.jpg

Playing around with the brightness (?) while in Night mode on the XPE:
IMG_20151002_195659623.jpg

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I'm quite satisfied with the camera. Vast improvement over the previous two generations of Moto X camera. I find it particularly excels at macro shots.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Another from Oktoberfest. Sky's good, buildings too dark.

Attachments

• 5410.jpg
    5410.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 40

youngusaplaya

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Some pictures I took today

Attachments

• 1443920000066.jpg
    1443920000066.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1443920011662.jpg
    1443920011662.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 32

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Night

Attachments

• 5248.jpg
    5248.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174