Powers off at random.

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I bought my Pixel 2 the day they went on pre order. I haven't had a single problem with it until about 2 weeks ago when it started shutting itself off. It's at random, I may open snapchat or click reply to answer a text message or attempt to watch a YouTube video. The phone will shut off completely and won't turn back on until I hold the power and volume down for a few seconds.

Does anyone have a fix or reason?

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
this literally just happened to me 3 times in the last 20 minutes. not sure what caused it as I've had 0 issues since I bought it. not running beta software or anything like that. very strange, may have to contact Google

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I may open snapchat or click reply to answer a text message or attempt to watch a YouTube video. The phone will shut off completely and won't turn back on until I hold the power and volume down for a few seconds.
But the phone always shuts off like its giving a bad response to a tap on the display? It doesn't just shut off while sitting idle?

If it happened to me, my first thought would be that it's a problem with the digitizer or one of the connectors on the digitizer. I'd call Google support about it. Bear in mind, though, that I'm no engineer.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I bought my Pixel 2 the day they went on pre order. I haven't had a single problem with it until about 2 weeks ago when it started shutting itself off. It's at random, I may open snapchat or click reply to answer a text message or attempt to watch a YouTube video. The phone will shut off completely and won't turn back on until I hold the power and volume down for a few seconds.

Does anyone have a fix or reason?

I'd definitely contact Google support and tell them about that.
I had a similar experience with a different phone that was doing that over a year ago.
It was under warranty and was replaced after some unsuccessful trouble shooting.

One way to contact them is though Settings>Tips & support> at the bottom of that popup you will see a Chat and Phone icon.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me yesterday 3 times for the first time since I bought the phone 3 months ago. I went to check something on the phone and found that it was powered off. I am having the exact same issue but it hasn't happened to me again in 18 hours after happening 3 times in 3 hours yesterday.

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This just happened to me yesterday 3 times for the first time since I bought the phone 3 months ago. I went to check something on the phone and found that it was powered off. I am having the exact same issue but it hasn't happened to me again in 18 hours after happening 3 times in 3 hours yesterday.

Yup same here, very weird

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth.... I have not had this issue again since the 24 hours it was happening. It's been about a week or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabsixfamily80