Pre-ordering with Best Buy

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My saga continues...

Yesterday I got a call back from the manager saying she was holding MY Blue N10+ in her hands and the Glow might not be ready for pick up... Made the appt to go pick it up. Got the email with the appt confirmation YAY!! after wasting my entire day on hold yesterday with BB I was putting this in the Win column

I go today (30 mins early) walk in and the rep says it may take a little longer because if the activation issue. No worries! Let's get started... He goes to grab one phone and comes back. I said I guess the other phone isn't in yet? He says "a 2nd phone?" yadda yadda I have the glow, what other phone?
MY blue phone the glow is got my MiL!

he goes to the manager that called me and they can not locate the phone!! I left empty-handed in full frustration.

I just looked at my email and it says it MIGHT be available on SEPT 6th!!! are you fricken kidding me?? The store told me they didn't have very many preorders so why do I have to wait two or more weeks?!?!?!?!

NEVER EVER again

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Update : as some mentioned here early on in the pre order process ..unlocked phone I put on my BB credit card ... originally $1197 including NY taxes ..today when I went to pick up ...they do the trade in first ..$330 for phone $270 to complete the $600 credit ..which they gave me on BB gift card ...charged my BB credit card $597 after the gift card is used versus the phone sale.

So if you go though Samsung you pay less because they subtract $600 from phone price and you pay taxes on less..FYI ..

I decided to keep phone with BB for the goodies and took the 5% reward from my BB card on the phone purchase to kinda even me out vs Samsung site price ..

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and went to pick up my Note 10+ earlier today. The phone wouldn't activate automatically and they tried calling Sprint and some other help lines they had available to them. No success with any of them and the phone doesn't show on my Sprint account. One of the people they called even suggested the phone is "burned" and would never work properly. BB offered to sell me another Note 10+ and give me the credits, however then I'd lose out on the Samsung pre-order bonus.

So, to make a long story even longer, they let me bring the phone home to see if the activation will automatically happen over the next day or two. If not, I can take it back.

I already submitted the Samsung pre-order credit thing so we'll see if that comes through.

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm hopeful this will just resolve itself.

For anyone following, an update. After a long while on Sprint chat, and several escalations, someone was able to activate my phone! I have no idea what he did, but his name was Eriberto and he's my hero :)

So, it is possible, you just have to find the right person.

jac12

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
so do you think all of the issues will be ironed out by next week? I think I am due to go get mine by August 30th.

right there with you. This whole day sounded like a nightmare. I am kind of glad mine got pushed. Now I am just hoping we don't fall into the "if we can't get it you cancel the order and lose the benefits" situation

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt, but from what I gathered when I picked up mu Note10 +, was that for some reason, the Sim cards that are arriving with devices are marked for delayed activation dates, which is seemingly the root of the issue. If you try to use the SIM that's packaged with the device, it will get black listed because the system has an activation date of at least next Friday or later. That's why most people are getting the late pickup notices. But if you are able to use your current SIM, you have to call your carrier support from your device with tour existing SIM installed and have them update your account with the SIM and your device IMEI.

Not sure who is responsible for this major error, but that's why, even in store, the reps are sitting om hold for a while.

It's also likely partly to be that your device isn't showing as received because of the delayed SIM activation dates or it just may not have been actually received in your stores yet.

I hope this helps clear some things up. I know it doesn't make things arrive any sooner, but try not to take it out on the reps, they're just doing their jobs at this point.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Well,confused. Mine got approved by Samsung but I don't have any credit to spend yet. 6 weeks to get that?
40c6d24fa13148359390dd12dc5f3a72.jpg

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Walked in without preordering and bought a Sprint Note 10+ Aura Black released because of a cancellation. $1280 OOD and activated from home with no issues.

nikkihp79

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
Picked up my phone yesterday at Best Buy with no problems. And just got approved for my Samsung credits. But it's saying 6 to 8 weeks to receive the code. With my daughter's S10+, it didn't take a day to receive it

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well,confused. Mine got approved by Samsung but I don't have any credit to spend yet. 6 weeks to get that?
40c6d24fa13148359390dd12dc5f3a72.jpg
I got the same thing. It's been a few years since I bought early enough to get a promo, but if I remember correctly it comes sooner than that.

Ohioan

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Got the "your preorder is delayed, we may have to cancel if it's not here by September 22" email.

I just checked my local best buy and they have the model I want available for in store pickup.... if I give up my Samsung credit, which I dont want to do.