Pre-Orders Anywhere?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was just getting ready to hit the button on Amazon for the pre-order on the Gear 2 for $299.99, when it said delivery date April 17th to 19th!!
It will be available at BestBuy on April 11th...

IMO, other peeps will be having theirs, and I still be waiting, on a pre order too...

Edit: Not to take what I read on Amazon's website for gospel, I called Amazon for verification.
I told them I have the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Silver/Black in my cart for $299.99 preorder. I asked specifically will I receive it on release day of April 11th, or will Amazon be shipping it on April 11th, and I will get it 3 to 6 days later.. The agent said the latter is the case. Amazon will SHIP orders on the 11th, and I will get it 5 to 7 days later.. I told the agent the main purpose of pre-order is to get the item first. I might as well wait for April 11th, and waltz right in BestBuy and pick one up..

Anybody know anything different on this preorder bit?

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I was just getting ready to hit the button on Amazon for the pre-order on the Gear 2 for $299.99, when it said delivery date April 17th to 19th!!
It will be available at BestBuy on April 11th...

IMO, other peeps will be having theirs, and I still be waiting, on a pre order too...

That was quick. My delivery date shows April 11 but my experience is that it arrives the following day.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
That was quick. My delivery date shows April 11 but my experience is that it arrives the following day.

That is what stopped me from hitting the button, it stated delivery date April 17th to 19th. So, I gave a phone call to Amazon, they confirmed that 17th and 19th. Maybe you early peeps get the 11th.. I am going to have to take my chances at the store..

Edit: Just to make sure I was correct, tried it again, and here is the result I got..

-------------------------------------
Estimated delivery: Apr. 17, 2014 - Apr. 19, 2014
Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black
Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black
$299.00
This item will be released on April 11, 2014.
Quantity: 1 Change quantity of Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black from 1
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Add gift options
Choose a delivery option:
FREE Shipping (5-8 business days)
Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Damn it! Best Buy just emailed and said the preorders due to release April 11th will not be released until April 28th!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? No explanation given.

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
AT&T page has always said shipping day is April 8th so I went with them in hopes of getting the device before the official launch of April 11th. The day has past and I have received no shipping notice. The AT&T page has now switched to saying the ship date is April 10th. I feel they duped people with a phony early ship date to sell more watches!

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
AT&T page has always said shipping day is April 8th so I went with them in hopes of getting the device before the official launch of April 11th. The day has past and I have received no shipping notice. The AT&T page has now switched to saying the ship date is April 10th. I feel they duped people with a phony early ship date to sell more watches!

I admit it! I was wrong. It's almost 9pm and I finally received a shipping notice and tracking number from AT&T! I paid for the overnight shipping, so FedEx is showing delivery for tomorrow! Guess the shipment date of the 8th was correct after all. The AT&T site now saying shipment on the 10th must be a change for new orders only.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I wish I had your luck (you mentioned in your next message that it shipped). I ordered last week when it said shipping will be April 8 and it still hasn't shipped. I called AT&T and kept getting the run around. When I asked to speak to a manager, I argued that this is a bait and switch and they are locking buyers into a purchase until everyone else is backordered and shipping after release day. I just checked my order status and they changed my order date to make it appear as though I ordered yesterday! I think they got scared that I was going to start a case against them. This is so ridiculous. AT&T says that they're out of stock now and they're not sure when they'll ship.

This is for the black gear 2 in case anyone is interested.

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Damn. I'm sorry man. So frustrating. I wonder if you could demand they cancel the order (I know they will initially say they can't) and give you a refund right away. If you can get a supervisor to do that based on the bait and switch issue, you could buy one from Best Buy on Friday? Best of luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to cancel tomorrow if they haven't shipped yet and take my chances at brick and mortar stores. I would prefer not to give the crooks money anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali