Predictions: When will the Sprint GNex be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Man, when the GN had a chance for my impulse dollars, it should have capitalized.

Seeing a HTC ONE in my future, carrier be damned.

- Sent from my HTC eVo with Tapatalk

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The older the gnex gets the more I find myself looking elsewhere. Right now I still want the pure google experience though.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The older the gnex gets the more I find myself looking elsewhere. Right now I still want the pure google experience though.

This is exactly how I feel. If the darn thing takes long enough I may even just wait for a Windows Phone 8 device. I liked WP7 when I tested the HTC Arrive out about 3 weeks ago while waiting for service at a Sprint store. It were the disappointing web browser and low screen resolution that disappointed me. If those are fixed for the next release I may just wait for it as the GNexus has taken so long anyway...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree....been waiting for so long on the GN, now that htc has some nicely spec'd phones on the horizon, i may wait a little longer if i don't see the GN soon

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
With the giveaway ending on 04/05, I think the release should be within a week or so after that.

Is there a certain day of the week that Sprint and others like to release new hardware?

Mav. :cool:

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree....been waiting for so long on the GN, now that htc has some nicely spec'd phones on the horizon, i may wait a little longer if i don't see the GN soon

Agreed. The biggest reason I want a Nexus is that currently they're the only phones with NFC, with Sprint announcing ten new phones will have NFC this year that gives me a bunch of potential options (hopefully with SD card slots). I don't really care about 4G/LTE since I don't browse the net that much on my phone, but the more people who use Google Wallet (or Isis in a year) there are the more likely businesses are to support NFC payments (especially when you bring a bunch of stuff to the register and then say "Oh, I can't pay with NFC? Well, have a good day, you can put all of this back yourself then").

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. The biggest reason I want a Nexus is that currently they're the only phones with NFC, with Sprint announcing ten new phones will have NFC this year that gives me a bunch of potential options (hopefully with SD card slots). I don't really care about 4G/LTE since I don't browse the net that much on my phone, but the more people who use Google Wallet (or Isis in a year) there are the more likely businesses are to support NFC payments (especially when you bring a bunch of stuff to the register and then say "Oh, I can't pay with NFC? Well, have a good day, you can put all of this back yourself then").

I hope it works out well and giving phone companies access and control over banking transactions doesn't turn into a nightmare.

I think I will hold for a Nexus and at least give it a try, even though I prefer HTC hardware. Sick of waiting.

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope it works out well and giving phone companies access and control over banking transactions doesn't turn into a nightmare.

I think I will hold for a Nexus and at least give it a try, even though I prefer HTC hardware. Sick of waiting.

I'm ready for an upgrade as of a week ago, but since there is no phone out that I want right now (Nexus S is the only one with NFC), I'll wait. Since I don't plan on buying a Nexus the day it is released I'll probably wait to see what other phones might be released and when and see if the Nexus Galaxy is the best option (not liking the fact that the HTC Ones don't have removable batteries).

taronba25

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
HTC phones are the ONLY PHONES that rescale your text, on the fly, when you pinch-to-zoom. Not the iPhone, not the Galaxy thingy nor the Moto whatever. Motorola rescale's text after you reorient from portrait to landscape, or visa versa., but that's it! I truly hope they keep this capability, going forward. OBTW, this IS my next phone, on Sprint! Sprint has exceptional customer service, doesn't throttle customers and is cheaper per ARPU. Excellent coverage in the Nassau co., NY area.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm ready for an upgrade as of a week ago, but since there is no phone out that I want right now (Nexus S is the only one with NFC), I'll wait. Since I don't plan on buying a Nexus the day it is released I'll probably wait to see what other phones might be released and when and see if the Nexus Galaxy is the best option (not liking the fact that the HTC Ones don't have removable batteries).

I know. I really wish the new HTC would have kept a removable battery and sd card. Without that, there isn't much reason to wait and not get the nexus I guess. I'm going to give it an early try and enjoy the big pixel density boost compared to my EVO. Assuming the first few weeks will be a bit bumpy with the nexus and their first attempt at LTE.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
HTC phones are the ONLY PHONES that rescale your text, on the fly, when you pinch-to-zoom. Not the iPhone, not the Galaxy thingy nor the Moto whatever. Motorola rescale's text after you reorient from portrait to landscape, or visa versa., but that's it! I truly hope they keep this capability, going forward. OBTW, this IS my next phone, on Sprint! Sprint has exceptional customer service, doesn't throttle customers and is cheaper per ARPU. Excellent coverage in the Nassau co., NY area.

Which is your next phone? Are u going nexus or waiting for the HTC One? The HTC keyboard would ne hard for me to give up going to nexus, too, along with the text you mentioned.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I found and ordered my case, too. It came in the mail a couple days ago. Why would I get a case early? Once Sprint releases the Galaxy Nexus, the prices are liable to go up due to increased demand. I chose it for its durability and kickstand: seidioonline.com

Of course, if the Sprint Nexus is a different shape, I can always resell it. Gosh, I can't wait to fill it.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon SGN and Sprint's SGN are going to be exactly the same externally?

I am still thinking a mid-April release. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
They will be extremely similar. Verizon's wasn't entirely a true nexus due to having carrier loaded software and similar tweaks. There may be slight hardware differences too, but nothing has been announced officially by either carrier to solidify that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a sad irony in life when you want something so bad and wait for it so long that by the time it arrives you're not sure if you even want it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere