Primary line upgrade...

skimanb2333

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
hey everybody, im the primary line on my family plan. i'm aware i'll have to upgrade to a data plan, but im wonderin if on launch day it'll be available online at vzw because...i am eligible for my every year upgrade, but not NE2 (thats in august and im not waiting).

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure anyone will know the definitive answer to this until Verizon announces the device. Usually they have a press release with details of the launch & availability at news.vzw.com. If I had to guess, I would bet that it will be available online at launch.

bduschel

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
9/10 times VZW will launch a phone online and in store the same time. Accept for the Devour, which was available for us indirect dealers first!!!

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Upgrades can be tricky. What I would do, is call up your carrier and get it notated in the account that you are eligible for an upgrade. Make sure all your ducks are in a row before launch day.

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
are you a vip customer? vip is something vzw actively encourages representatives to NOT discuss unless customer brings it up.

basicly vip program is legacy where the primary line (and ONLY the primary line) would be eligable to upgrade after 12 months from rolling date of most recent contract for THAT line, there is also an incentive discount that would only be discussed at the customer's initiation.

you may have more options than you may know...

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
are you a vip customer? vip is something vzw actively encourages representatives to NOT discuss unless customer brings it up.

basicly vip program is legacy where the primary line (and ONLY the primary line) would be eligable to upgrade after 12 months from rolling date of most recent contract for THAT line, there is also an incentive discount that would only be discussed at the customer's initiation.

you may have more options than you may know...

VIP program went bye-bye on January 1, 2010 I was told. I was never notified of that (I was a VIP customer). Kinda stinks, was hoping to use the $50 that I would have gotten towards the new Incredible. In any case, I was still able to upgrade at new 2 year pricing, but no other discounts (my NE2 isn't until October, so I forfeited that - couldn't wait that long to get my hands on the Incredible).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp