Private mode not working after update

schoie81

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've got a Samsung S6. The phone downloaded and installed a system update this morning and now I can no longer access private mode on my phone, nor can I add new images into my private folder. I'm 100% certain I'm using the correct PIN. Just comes up with a message saying "Failed to enable Private Mode. Try again.."

I've turned the device off. Force stopped private mode and cleared the cache for the private mode app. I've also entered the boot menu and cleared the system cache, all of which are solutions I've found online, but none of which have worked.

Anyone got any ideas??

Thank you.

Momen97

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
●2- Private Mode> Force stop
●3- Activate Private mode

>>>It returned to work
Did it work?

Pacho_SS

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've got a Samsung S6. The phone downloaded and installed a system update this morning and now I can no longer access private mode on my phone, nor can I add new images into my private folder. I'm 100% certain I'm using the correct PIN. Just comes up with a message saying "Failed to enable Private Mode. Try again.."

I've turned the device off. Force stopped private mode and cleared the cache for the private mode app. I've also entered the boot menu and cleared the system cache, all of which are solutions I've found online, but none of which have worked.

Anyone got any ideas??

Thank you.

Hey, I have a Galaxy S6 and I updated my phone too on 21st of November and ever since that update my phone won't enable my private mode with the same error, "Failed to enable private mode. Try again". If you found a solution to the problem, please let me know too. P.S my security patch version is of November 1, 2017.
Thanks a bunch!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since this seems to be more than just a single occurrence after the update, I suggest contacting Samsung and letting them know about this issue. If enough people tell them about it, maybe they'll issue a patch to fix the problem.