Probably no N8 for me!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For Note 7 users, it's any eligible trade-in and you still get 425 off. If not a previous Note 7 user, then you get different amounts depending on the device you're trading in.
How do I prove I had a Note 7? I did but I don't know how I would prove it?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to Samsung website pre-order Note 7 users enter your email address to qualify
I didn't preorder the Note 7. I bought the Note 7 at VZW store. I returned it to same store. How does Samsung KNOW that? Mustn't I prove it to qualify?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't preorder the Note 7. I bought the Note 7 at VZW store. I returned it to same store. How does Samsung KNOW that? Mustn't I prove it to qualify?

It's not on your vzw account? I thought the device you're using shows. Just get a billing statement from that time period.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not on your vzw account? I thought the device you're using shows. Just get a billing statement from that time period.
My question is do they even ask? I'm sure they don't want me to snail mail an old bill to them. Nobody has spoken of that. It mentions using the same email I used to register the Note 7. I did register and received the sd card so I guess that's adequate.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with the pre ordering the 7 if you're registered your phone with Samsung you qualified by entering your email, go check it out before you ask to many questions
Not trying to be rude it's just easier that way

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
[
cd9c510bc9a5eceb5f0295b711faa6aa.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For those asking, yeah, it's just using the e-mail you used to register your Note 7 with Samsung (most likely you did that to get the freebies). IF NOT (hard to believe, but OK, if you didn't...), you can contact your carrier or store to get a receipt and call Samsung directly; they can help but it'll take longer to get the discount approved.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
For those asking, yeah, it's just using the e-mail you used to register your Note 7 with Samsung (most likely you did that to get the freebies). IF NOT (hard to believe, but OK, if you didn't...), you can contact your carrier or store to get a receipt and call Samsung directly; they can help but it'll take longer to get the discount approved.
I'm good on that but good clarification for others tks

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It's still a loss if he owes more than he could sell it for. I suspect that's the case with a few people. If you hung on to your N7 longer than feasible, you owe a good bit on the replacement device.

^^^ This right here is EXACTLY why I never turn in my old phones. Had I upgraded to a "whatever" last year, I wouldn't be eligible for my Note 8 now.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Call Samsung, that's a painful ordeal, hurts even thinking about it.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I checked with VZ...and I CAN have a N8....IF I give them the 500.00 I still owe on my S7E.
Then, after I pay it off, I have to TRADE IT IN to get the N8 'discount'.
Kinda sucks, but I am not made of money, so......

UPDATE: I left VZ...ATT will pay off my phone, and put me in the N8. Doesn't look like I get anything other than the phone, as they tell me the deal
and freebies are only through Samsung....
You can still get a free gift from Samsung, when you get your Note8, make sure to register it on Samsung.com and u can get free gift!!!

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not positive. But, I don't think it works that way. It's "up to $425", meaning probably for Note5 or something similar. If you buy a phone for $70, I wouldn't imagine you'd get more than $100.
I could be wrong, though. Seems like Samsung would've figured out this little loophole when they came up with this idea.

Yes I was told by a Verizon rep that my note 5 qualifies for the half off

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is the exact situation I am in. I still owe $528 on my S7E. I called Verizon and they said they would credit me $107 to my account but would still have to pay $421 to pre order. I thought we would be able to at the maximum pay to the 50% mark. Not 100% pretty disappointing

Just an update. After many calls they are going to credit my account $396 (50%) of phone. I had to pay the $528 I owed but I get to keep the phone. Going to pre order at best buy for the extra $150 off and trade my S7E in for the $480. Should only be $12.75 a month payment for phone.