Problem getting battery percentage in status bar

paulgj

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to get the battery percentage to display as a stand alone icon in the status bar rather than as a number inside the battery icon?

Whenever I enable the option to show the percentage it shows up inside the battery icon which is harder to see. I thought the default behavior of Pie was to show it as a separate number.

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there a way to get the battery percentage to display as a stand alone icon in the status bar rather than as a number inside the battery icon?

Whenever I enable the option to show the percentage it shows up inside the battery icon which is harder to see. I thought the default behavior of Pie was to show it as a separate number.

Thanks!
Not familiar with Nokia but check in settings of the battery ?

paulgj

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, the only option within the Battery settings just turns on and off the percentage within the battery icon.

paulgj

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
that would be great. From what I can gather It seems that options normal behavior on Android Pie is to turn on and off the percentage as a separate icon on the taskbar.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
that would be great. From what I can gather It seems that options normal behavior on Android Pie is to turn on and off the percentage as a separate icon on the taskbar.
Try go in settings and the search bar type battery percentage see what pops up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I asked some team members looks like Motorola and Nokia follow this way in the battery icon the percentage .

paulgj

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
hmmmm, interesting. Thank you for checking that out. I figured with the Android One phones it would be completely stock for the most part.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hmmmm, interesting. Thank you for checking that out. I figured with the Android One phones it would be completely stock for the most part.
Your welcome, yeah I thought the same , I checked my pixel 3xl and 2xl and the percentage is separate from battery icon .

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
This battery percentage issue has been bugging me since I got the phone six months ago. There's no way round the problem I'm afraid.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site

Thanks!

On the BlackBerry 10 and Blackberry Android phones you could just swipe up on the home screen and the battery percentage would appear at the top of the screen but would not stay either.

Look at it this way. At least on the Nokia 7.1 you can still see the percentage inside the battery icon.

The problem is that without having a notification light if I turn off the phone to charge it, I have no idea when it's full because there is no extra display unless you gently press the power button, only then will you see where you're at in terms of the charge.

Last edited:

paulgj

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Regarding keeping an eye on the battery charge level while charging, you can monitor the charge level if you have the ambient display set to always be on during charging.

adonesc76

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site

Thanks!

I just also noticed that the battery status (percentage) also shows up at the bottom of the locked screen as well...😕

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky