Problems (or not?) with my LG G3....

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Would I need to call care about this?

Since you already have the issue, experiment with it. Have you recently installed piles of apps? One guy with a slow charge problem found it was caused by a background task related to his torrent client, a real head scratcher that was.

If you have access to another phone or tablet charger of 1.5A or greater, test it out. Wiggle connectors, see if you have a bad cable or poorly soldered charging port. If you plug into a PC does it transfer files quickly and without errors? You could also go into a carrier shop and use one of their chargers to compare.

It's important to test as much as possible yourself, and if you surrender the phone to anyone for repairs (not replacement, just repairs) be sure to include a note stuck right on the phone so there are no mistakes. Never assume the shop guys were given good info, but if you include a note they usually fix it perfectly the first time.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The LG G2 over heated with games it appears the LG G3 is too. This sucks, glad I waited on it. Though I'm not in a better position. My OnePlus One sucks with T-Mobile so yeah.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Since you already have the issue, experiment with it. Have you recently installed piles of apps? One guy with a slow charge problem found it was caused by a background task related to his torrent client, a real head scratcher that was.

If you have access to another phone or tablet charger of 1.5A or greater, test it out. Wiggle connectors, see if you have a bad cable or poorly soldered charging port. If you plug into a PC does it transfer files quickly and without errors? You could also go into a carrier shop and use one of their chargers to compare.

It's important to test as much as possible yourself, and if you surrender the phone to anyone for repairs (not replacement, just repairs) be sure to include a note stuck right on the phone so there are no mistakes. Never assume the shop guys were given good info, but if you include a note they usually fix it perfectly the first time.
Yeah care was no help just got off of the phone with them. I think I will do a factory reset since the phone is so new. I'll let you know if it happens after.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Turns out it wasn't an app. It was just the cord for some reason. Messed around with the cords I have and now the official one is working fine. 0.0 weird but no complaints here.
When I was resetting the phone back up the battery got to 102*F. Hurt my finger to press the power button. :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Turns out it wasn't an app. It was just the cord for some reason. Messed around with the cords I have and now the official one is working fine. 0.0 weird but no complaints here.
When I was resetting the phone back up the battery got to 102*F. Hurt my finger to press the power button. :/

Yeowch keep an eye on that.

Marijess

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone for a little less than a month and now it's heating up more than when I used my GPS. I was charging and the phone got hot, not as hot when I was using GPS but still, hot! I unplugged and let it cool off, as it was 100% charged up. I made a call via Viber and in 12 min of talk time, the phone started warming up and it stayed warm until I turned it the phone off. I checked Battery usage and I have the Battery saver on immediately - as always. I don't know if this is normal or did I get a good "new" phone and now getting "bad"? Please advice. Thank you

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I had problem with an Amazon cord. Worked with all other devices but not G3. Your body temp is 98 so 102 should be to hot to hold. Check battery stats in setting to see what's running most heat complaints have had apps running in back ground.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001