Problems with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update

pncguy

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the 4.2.2 update on my Galaxy Note 8, but now I don't want to upgrade. How do I delete the download? My only obvious option is to postpone - for three hours at a time - the install.

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Bought a few weeks ago -- it worked fine until Samsung updated it to 4.2.2. Multi Window feature stopped working. This is not just my problem -- the discussion boards are seething with outrage that Samsung's advice is to use factory reset of the tablet to have this feature back (which by the way, Samsung peddles as a distinct feature of note 8). Factory reset is time consuming, poorly defined as to the results of it, and certainly requires backing everything up. Samsung is irresponsible, and so far refused to fix the problem. To verify this post just Google "Multi Window Note 8 stopped working" It is a disgrace of customer support.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You guys understand what actually happens on factory reset right? Just sync your setting with google and samsung clouds. This takes maybe a few minutes at most to do. Perform a factory reset which only erases internal memory. Then it will auto reinstall the OS you currently have which in this case is 4.2.2. Total time to this point is at max 15 minutes. Then you go into accounts and add your google and samsung accounts click sync to have all those documents downloaded back on your device. Thos is the only part that takes a long time depending on internet connection. Reallistically if the problems are significant then why is it such a big flippin deal to do this.

Ios users sometimes need to do a restore after updating and windows users do it all the time to fix issues. What is so special about tablets and phones that they are beyond bugs and other issues?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Chris Taylor7

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Of course there are always going to be bugs but this misses the point. Samsung have shown absolutely no interest in fixing this problem. In fact when I spoke to them they told me they had no knowledge of this issue. IMHO they should monitor this bulletin board. By the way, before I upgraded I did exactly what you described and also backed up using Kies. However I still lost approx 40% of my apps, all my short cuts and all my screen layouts.

Posted via Android Central App

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got the Galaxy Note 8 Friday. Was driving me crazy when Samsung did the update loosing the tabs. Removing and resetting in settings seems to have solved the problem. At least side tabs are back.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if they don't update this, then it will probably be the first and last Samsung tablet that I own. I will only buy Nexus from now on.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Czoy

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem. My Note 8.0 automatically updated to Andriod 4.2.2 and now the multi window function is greyed out and won't work. Similarly, the weather app is broken and won't pick up my city.
Go to Setting> Change the HOME SETTING SCREEN to standard..and voila multi windows works as usual.

basscall

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem-lost the weather element from home screen after update. Found it in Widgets & dropped it back on to home screen. Hope this helps.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Multi window works fine on note 8. You guys really need to learn how to use your tablets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
e3ajatyq.jpg

equ6evet.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Sylvia Chedzey

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the samsung galaxy note 8.0 the wifi one and since the upgrade I also have lost my multifunction it is greyed out and for you to say we should know how to use our tablets I think it is very nasty of you to say that as I have tried everything except re-installing which I am not very happy to do so how did you sort it out as I would be very pleased if you could advise me what to do.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the samsung galaxy note 8.0 the wifi one and since the upgrade I also have lost my multifunction it is greyed out and for you to say we should know how to use our tablets I think it is very nasty of you to say that as I have tried everything except re-installing which I am not very happy to do so how did you sort it out as I would be very pleased if you could advise me what to do.
I hate to say it, the only way I got it back was to do the factory reset. I hated having to do this after sending mine in for repair and then finally getting a replacement. In total I think I did 5 resets, it got easier each time. I never found anything on this forum that had a simpler cure. I hate resets as much as anyone but look on the bright side, it gives you the inspiration to clean up your home screens and remove(or don't put back) what you don't use. I agree with you, there is no point in getting nasty with frustrated users that are looking for help, if theirs works good for them, it is not the case for everyone.

Sylvia Chedzey

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I did what you said but it didn't work for me , I am really upset about this happening as I bought this for the multifunction and for this to happen just because of the update I think it is really bad.

Bernie7

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Setting screen mode to Standard didn't work for me either. Whats the latest on this Multi Window issue, any fixes coming; ie any idea when the next Android update might be? I also can't get Chrome to open, which may be something other than 4.2.2 issue, I'm new to Android and Note 8. Maybe its a setup issue? Should I / can I use Firefox or other browser?
Thanks!

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Nothing works but the factory reset. Ive had my tab about aweek so didnt lose data but some settings. So far seems all is now well. Multi windows and 4.2.2 restored. I took a photo of my various desktops sk just have to put back.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886