Problems with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's a plethora of browsers incluxing some that will do flash. Just go to the playstore. Re chrome just uninstall it in settings and reinstall in playstore shud solve problem.

Setting screen mode to Standard didn't work for me either. Whats the latest on this Multi Window issue, any fixes coming; ie any idea when the next Android update might be? I also can't get Chrome to open, which may be something other than 4.2.2 issue, I'm new to Android and Note 8. Maybe its a setup issue? Should I / can I use Firefox or other browser?
Thanks!

bjgalx

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to shut-off the auto update feature so my Note 8 will Not keep forcing me to try and update to 4.2.2? It's really annoying since, apparently, this will ruin my multi-window function. I'm currently running the version it came with: Android 4.1.2. Thanks!

PinkDillio

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Just got the galaxy note 8.0 about 10 days ago. After the recent android update same issues as others. No side bar and multi screen is greyed out. Other day viewing this website parts of website/screen was blacked out. Also was trying to email.. when typing each letter would double. When trying to erase it just kept typing letters until like the 5th or 6th click then would erase. Also update to apps... find that certain ones now do not work period. Black screen and error messages. FUN (sarcastically speaking.) ...I agree with others that samsung should fix their issues and the android issues as well and not have to "rollback." They must know about it but probably say they dont so the company doesn't look bad.. my guess. Doesnt the note 10.1 have a much newer android version? If so, how come its not available on the note 8.0?

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got the galaxy note 8.0 about 10 days ago. After the recent android update same issues as others. No side bar and multi screen is greyed out. Other day viewing this website parts of website/screen was blacked out. Also was trying to email.. when typing each letter would double. When trying to erase it just kept typing letters until like the 5th or 6th click then would erase. Also update to apps... find that certain ones now do not work period. Black screen and error messages. FUN (sarcastically speaking.) ...I agree with others that samsung should fix their issues and the android issues as well and not have to "rollback." They must know about it but probably say they dont so the company doesn't look bad.. my guess. Doesnt the note 10.1 have a much newer android version? If so, how come its not available on the note 8.0?
As I posted earlier in this thread, the dreaded factory reset is the only cure I could find, and it solved the problem. Mine has been working fine since. I have multi-windows and everything else is functioning fine. Truly a pain in the ****, but at least it is cureable.

bjgalx

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to shut-off the auto update feature so my Note 8 will Not keep forcing me to try and update to 4.2.2? It's really annoying since, apparently, this will ruin my multi-window function. I'm currently running the version it came with: Android 4.1.2. Thanks!

Can anyone help me with this?

jorge Becerra

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
can someone help me with my problem. yesterday I updated my tablet to Android 4.2.2 and today when I turned it on the screen was damage, i mean, the display, and i didn't make something to damage it. I don't know what to do, so, if someone can help i'll be grateful

Melba Flores

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Before I updated to 4.2.2, I had a preinstalled app called Notes, which was a blue notebook icon. After the update, it wasn't there. Does anyone know where I can restore the Notes app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays