Problems with my note 5.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you customize the phone at all or is it stock? What launcher do you use? And are all the apps updated including Google Services? How long have you had it? Last question-is it USA based and are you sure it's not a clone?

I have a 64gb version. I got from Amazon last week-love the phone.
I run Nova Launcher. Im pretty good about keeping everything updated. It's a refurbished unit. I got it from Asurion as a replacement for my note 4 and I'm in the USA. I hope it's not a clone.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here too, and it is driving me nuts. I had a Note 5 64GB no issue, traded in for Note 7 at the end of August, and the Note 7 had no issue (HAHA), then had to get a Note 5 32GB because I fly every week mid-October. Since I got my 2nd Note 5 I am having the same issue since October purchase:
1. Screen Rotate stops working - Google Maps, Photos, etc.
2. Auto Brightness stops working
3. Data off and on, very erratic - which causes maps to report no data
4. Texting app starts giving me error messages
5. WiFi Pop ups are turned off, but soon as all the above starts up, WiFi sites start popping up. Especially annoying when boarding a flight and and I cannot show my boarding pass because the Airport WiFi keeps asking me if I want to sign in.
and I am sure there is more that I have not discovered.

The fix, restart. Works for a few hours or even a couple of days, then fails again. What I have done, Hard Reset in December. Did not fix it, same issue after a couple of hours. Verizon replaced the phone 2 weeks ago, same issue after a couple of hours. (The phone I had received had no updates since August, 2016 hoping that would would fix it, nope) Verizon then called Samsung, had a tech log into my phone, added a firmware update. It fixed it for 5 days, then I am back to frustration again.

My belief, a firmware change last summer in August that messed up the Note 5.
Maybe a virus or rogue app?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Woah, my Note 5 used to drop like 8 - 9% overnight with the same setup "amyf27" - yikes! Mine is in a box as a backup now - I grabbed a Galaxy S7 Active from AT&T when I turned in my "Replacement" Note 7. What does your "battery stats" say for percentages used during the night and what apps?

RyanRaz

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I had this problem too and looked up a solution a while ago. I'm being honest and this isn't a joke...I turn off the phone and whack the back of the phone on my palm a few times. I read that the gyroscope device that detects the rotation can get stuck. I'm hitting it with force enough to damage it, but it always rotates after that.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem too and looked up a solution a while ago. I'm being honest and this isn't a joke...I turn off the phone and whack the back of the phone on my palm a few times. I read that the gyroscope device that detects the rotation can get stuck. I'm hitting it with force enough to damage it, but it always rotates after that.
You probably are serious. Caveman style.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Fairly certain step counter, auto rotate, auto brightness and heart monitor are all related. I don't know how but it's becoming more frequent. Last few days camera is starting to lag as well when taking photos.

Beyond smashing it against the counter, does anyone have any idea what is going on?