Problems with Nexus 7 2013 - Random Reboots

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Completely agree with B. Diddy
This is an Android forum site where people come to look for help and/or share their experiences with certain Android devices. You're going to have a fair share of people having a similar issue since they are looking for solutions. Whereas the people who don't have these issues, are a lot less likely to come here and report whether or not they are going through the same things.
It's like with a repair shop, you would expect other people with a flat tire or bad battery, not someone telling you how great their car is running

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, but there are alot more nexus' s in the "repair shop" then, let's say samsungs. See what I mean?

maybe because there are just that many more nexus owners that there just seems to be a disproportionate number of "bad batteries" and "flat tires" when compared to other "cars" (Tablets)?

I mean, for example take a random sample of lets say 1000 threads from all different forums around the internet for both the nexus 7 and samsung tab 3, I'm pretty sure there is a higher percentage of threads relating to defective devices for the nexus.
yes I have seen and read hundreds of threads from at least 5 different forums for both nexus and sgt 3 and this seems to be the case.

on a lighter note, I LOVE my nexus 7! I'm so glad I bought it!

Last edited:

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but there are alot more nexus' s in the "repair shop" then, let's say samsungs. See what I mean?

maybe because there are just that many more nexus owners that there just seems to be a disproportionate number of "bad batteries" and "flat tires" when compared to other cars?

I mean, for example take a random sample of lets say 1000 threads from all different forums around the internet for both the nexus 7 and samsung tab 3, I'm pretty sure there is a higher percentage of threads relating to defective devices for the nexus.
yes I have seen and read hundreds of threads from at least 5 different forums for both nexus and sgt 3 and this seems to be the case.

on a lighter note, I LOVE my nexus 7! I'm so glad I bought it!

I totally agree with B.Diddy UJ95x comments. But I also agree more with Brosko's. I love the N7! Form factor, size, quick/snappy OS, and not to mention.. PRICE. The N7 has a lot of potential. When it works, its brutally awesome! But sadly, when it's not working properly, well its awful. And i hate to say it, that's just disappointing!

When I was searching for a fix for the constant rebooting issue, I simply "googled" for a solution. Outside of Android Central, there are tons of other forums and blogs that states the same issue with the N7, new and old! So you figure, if you're ASUS... you've been getting the same complaints about reboots and ect... Wouldn't you try to address and fix those issues PRIOR to the release of the 2013 N7? For that reason, that is why I say ASUS' quality control on of their products.... sucks. Instead they released the same bug ridden device to the public. Grant it, not all consumers faced the same issue. But there are plenty of us that are using a bad "batch". And it seems to be more than just a "few" users.

Well.. At the moment I am attempting to talk to ASUS Live Chat Support. Will keep you posted as to what their "remedy" to my issue is!

To the original poster that having issues, you may want to speak with a LIVE CHAT support. Maybe they will be able to resolve your issues.

http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well... heres an update.

online LIVE CHAT support was really helpful. Very professional about my issues. Asked me to do a factory reset with the OS. Because he says it feels the OS is causing all of my issues. If problems do exist afterwards, I will have to send my device in for repair. I forgot to ask the person if its covered under warranty. I mean, I hope so bc its not ever 3 months old.

Cross my fingers that problem gets fixed after yet another reset. Otherwise i don't think I will be sending in my device for repair... I will be looking for another device. Considering I do not know how long their turn around time is. It may take a week or even a few months..

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree with B.Diddy UJ95x comments. But I also agree more with Brosko's.

that's because what I said is true. the asus n7 as great and grand a device as it is, does without a doubt, have a disproportionate number of defective devices when compared to other tablets on the market. I don't need a forum to tell me this either, I have seen enough with my own eyes. I am not trying to put the device down. I love the n7 wholeheartedly. when you get a good one, it's a really nice tablet. it is what it is.

Jr Lagos

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Another problem in my N7 it always appear that " upgrade android market now" what does it mean? Do I have to do that seriously?

Posted via Android Central App

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Do a factory reset first see if that fixes your issues. If it doesn't, you'll probably have to return for a new one. Or send it in for repair

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka