Proximity sensor issue now?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Just today I noticed when making phone calls placing the pixel 7 to my ear does not turn off the screen anymore. I got to figure this out because this is the main reason why I left my Samsung devices and I hope this isn't a serious issue that can't be fixed. I already restarted my phone and that did not fix the issue. Anybody else?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
***UPDATE***

After a fairly unproductive phone call with Google I did a little more in-depth troubleshooting and decided to force stop the phone application and subsequently uninstall the updates restarted the device and it's back working normally. So not being the smartest person however, I suspect the issue very likely may lie within the most recent update for the phone application. Hopefully they fix this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
***UPDATE***

After a fairly unproductive phone call with Google I did a little more in-depth troubleshooting and decided to force stop the phone application and subsequently uninstall the updates restarted the device and it's back working normally. So not being the smartest person however, I suspect the issue very likely may lie within the most recent update for the phone application. Hopefully they fix this.
Hopefully that's all it needed

Reactions: THEPRFCT10