Purchased Apps?

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
So I think I'm gonna try rooting my phone and getting the latest 2.1 ROM from DamageControl, but my question is do I lose all my purchased apps on the stock ROM if I root to the DamageControl ROM?

Last edited:

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Your purchased apps will always be in the marketplace, you will be able to download and reinstall again. They are linked to your gmail account at this time :)

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Your purchased apps will always be in the marketplace, you will be able to download and reinstall again. They are linked to your gmail account at this time :)

Alright, so when I root to the DamageControl ROM, will it ask me when I first start it up to sign into my Gmail account, much like the stock ROM did when I bought my Hero?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yupp, sure will. You then will have to go to the marketplace and you can download your purchased ones by pressing menu then downloads. You will have to search for your free ones though.

spatel9114

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Yupp, sure will. You then will have to go to the marketplace and you can download your purchased ones by pressing menu then downloads. You will have to search for your free ones though.

That's not a concern, just making sure that I will keep my paid apps! :):)

Also, how is the performance on the DamageControl v2.05 ROM? Will my games and things run just as they do now or worse or better?

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna make sure I get everything straight before I do it..:D

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Unless they've resolved the "Protected Apps" issue on the new ROMS that the devs are making...you may lose some of your apps.

I rooted and went to a ROM based off the Damageless one and I did lose a few apps that I had paid for.

I just flashed a .zip that was supposed to have fixed the "Protected Apps" issue and it appears that all of my apps are back in the market place when I look under "Downloads". I just wanted to let you know that it is possible you wont get some of those apps back.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I got all of mine back, plus I can search others that weren't there before. I followed the directions in XDA
1. Get DamagedControl 2.0.5 working just the way you want, minus paid/protected apps
2. Nandroid backup (+ EXT if you are using Apps2SD)
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Flash Fresh 1.1 (a 1.5 based ROM)
5. Install the apps you wanted or owned.
6. Reboot into recovery and Wipe data/ factory restore
7. NandRestore previous setup
8. Sit back and enjoy as your apps will magically be downloaded automatically (download may fail, just redo it.)
9. Confirm by checking to see if another app is in the market that wasn't there before, I searched for MLB At Bat 2010 and it was there when it previously wasn't.

Hope this helps someone, the new ROM is fantastic and easy on the battery, plus ROOT access, can't beat it.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
My experience has been that Damage Control v2 doesn't work with all protected apps. I lost Dilbert, digital clock and jewel lust. I installed Fresh and now I have all those apps back.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Name one you can't find and I'll let you know if its in my Market. To the best of my knowledge, I have all of them there. Did you follow my directions in the previous page?

my 3 paid apps that weren't there before:
Cachemate
Mobile Package Tracker
Pure Calendar Widget (Agenda)

Others in the Market that weren't there before:
MLB At Bat 2010 (thinking of buying it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlgulliver