Purchasing devices from Best Buy

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I must be in the minority here who would prefer to have their phone shipped to them lol I have never bought a phone in store. Even when I used to buy phones from T-Mobile, I never bought them in store. Always online.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I must be in the minority here who would prefer to have their phone shipped to them lol I have never bought a phone in store. Even when I used to buy phones from T-Mobile, I never bought them in store. Always online.
Like Annie mentioned above, you could order online and have it shipped to you. That seems like the perfect idea. I have to say, I'm like you. I hate shopping with a passion. If I can avoid walking into a store and have it shipped instead, then that works for me.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I used to prefer that, too, until I started reading people's horror stories on this forum about phones disappearing en route (typically the trade-ins).:'(

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I used to prefer that, too, until I started reading people's horror stories on this forum about phones disappearing en route (typically the trade-ins).:'(

Yeah... that happened to me. I had sent a trade in device to Samsung that was worth 400 dollars. When they received the box, there was nothing in it. Somebody at FedEx opened the box and stole the phone. Luckily, for me, Samsung just absorbed the cost and nothing else was required of me. Still sucks though. I was pissed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... that happened to me. I had sent a trade in device to Samsung that was worth 400 dollars. When they received the box, there was nothing in it. Somebody at FedEx opened the box and stole the phone. Luckily, for me, Samsung just absorbed the cost and nothing else was required of me. Still sucks though. I was pissed.

Did they immediately offer to absorb the cost, or did you have to wrangle with them? The latter would still be stressful.:-\

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Did they immediately offer to absorb the cost, or did you have to wrangle with them? The latter would still be stressful.:-\

I had to make a few calls. That was about it. Once they looked into it, they knew what was going on because evidently it's a common problem and said it has been credited. Because they looked at the weight of the box that I sent and it was different from the time of shipping compared to it arriving there. There was also a "shipment exception," at a nearby FedEx warehouse where it said the box was damaged and replaced. Yeah, and in the process, someone at FedEx hoisted the phone. So I avoid shipping stuff to that warehouse now if possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc