PureTalk carrier, ZFold 4, with Mobile Hotspot?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use PureTalk as a carrier.
I had a S20+ and the mobile hotspot worked fine.
I upgraded to ZFold 4, and now the mobile hotspot doesn't work.
Typical recommendations to reset network settings, give new IMEI number to the carrier, etc. hasn't helped.
I've double, triple, quadruple checked my APN settings. Everything seems right. They don't have any guidance on what to set the "Mobile virtual network operator type" (and "value") to, though.
Does the ZFold4 hotspot just not work with PureTalk? Or is there some magic I can do. I don't want to switch carriers, but I will if I have to...

KbCb

Jan 29, 2023
Visit site
Aparently I submitted the question without an account... so now all I can do is submit an answer?? Not sure...
The answer to your question @Laura Knotek is that yes, I do have the unlimited data plan, which includes hotspot. As I mentioned, the hotspot worked fine before switching devices...

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Aparently I submitted the question without an account... so now all I can do is submit an answer?? Not sure...
The answer to your question @Laura Knotek is that yes, I do have the unlimited data plan, which includes hotspot. As I mentioned, the hotspot worked fine before switching devices...

Is it the $55 or $65 plan? Have you used more than 15 GB or 25 GB hotspot data already in this billing cycle? They limit hotspot data after those amounts are used.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What error you getting and what you trying to hotspot to?
I don't like the sub carrier sim how they work with Samsung , Verizon/Att/TMobile you never have to mess with APN , can you choose reset to default under APN?