goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a display of iPhones. Picked one up, and after playing with the SGSIII for a half hour this phone felt so dated. Like from the 50's or something.

Ha ha! Good one. I agree that the iPhone looks dated. They have not changed their UI in 5 years. That's a lifetime for smartphones when 6 mo to a year later, most phones are forgotten.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Went to Best Buy and looked at the floor model for ATT and Sprint (they had both) - if you held it up and a certain angle and squinted, it could be interpreted as purple. Holding it normally, I think it looked gray-blue metallic. The buttons looked no different than the rest of the phone. Seems like a non-issue to me.

Well at least one BB had them. I was my local BB yesterday and there was zero evidence the S3 existed in their phone area.

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well at least one BB had them. I was my local BB yesterday and there was zero evidence the S3 existed in their phone area.

Well, they had dummy floor models at least. The ATT display had a printed out "correction" notice saying they didn't know when they would get actual phones to deliver. I think they had Sprint versions in stock.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I WAS concerned about this as well. Played with a Sprint one at Sams the other day and I had no issues with it. I definitely don't want a purple phone and I didn't think it looked purple at all. FWIW