Q Beta 6 Bootloop on Pixel 2 XL

Dipen Kanabar

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
I have had this issue and reported to Google as well. Awaiting feedback. Meanwhile,

From the OTA system images link they provided

//developers.google.com/android/ota

It says that this will no wipe the data on my device. Is that correct?

This page contains full OTA update packages that allow you to restore your Nexus or Pixel device's original factory firmware. You will find these files useful if you have experienced a failure to take an OTA. This has the same effect as flashing the corresponding factory image, but without the need to wipe the device or unlock the bootloader

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have had this issue and reported to Google as well. Awaiting feedback. Meanwhile,

From the OTA system images link they provided

//developers.google.com/android/ota

It says that this will no wipe the data on my device. Is that correct?

This page contains full OTA update packages that allow you to restore your Nexus or Pixel device's original factory firmware. You will find these files useful if you have experienced a failure to take an OTA. This has the same effect as flashing the corresponding factory image, but without the need to wipe the device or unlock the bootloader

Ask Rukbat, he's one of the forum techs, he'll be able to help you. You might also post this over on the pixel 3 forums for more visibility.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The OTA is the same thing you get OTA - it doesn't wipe anything.

The full ROM, at Google Factory Images won't either, if you edit the flash-all file you're going to use and remove the -w from the last fastboot line. I use the OTA file most of the time, but about twice a year I flash the whole ROM, to clean everything out. (I also run TWRP [patched with Tipatch] to back up all my data partition, just in case, before dither the OTA or the ROM flash.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali