Quadrant test: what do you get?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
can someone please explain how to read the results of a quadrant, I have no idea what i'm looking at, the results of running the benchmark app says my evo is 1221. I am running Synergy Rom RC2 and the kernel is a Netarchy 4.3.4 less havs.
I just want to know what the heck I am looking at, and if the results are favorable

Thanks People

Gonna be honest here. Not sure how the numbers are gauged. But they are just a score in overall performance. The higher the better, obviously. Pretty much how fast your phone is running.

For example:

Stock nexus is about, I wanna say, 1700.
Stock with Netarchy Kernel at 1.4ghz overclock I'm getting 2700
Cm7 I was getting I think 2200?
Cm7 Netarchy Overclock 1.4ghz 3700
Cm7 Trinity 1.44ghz around 4200.

But my stock roms run smoother than the cm7 ones.

Edit: I only ran the Netarchy on 2.3.7 today because I was curious. If your set up is smooth and fast and snappy enough for you: who cares what the score comes out.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@ musicman, Blackhawk said things very well. Bottom line, Quadrant or any benchmarking program tell you numbers plain and simple. It has been proven these numbers can be faked, they will vary from test to test and all devices are not created equal even when setup exactly the same as the next. My device running the same setup as yours will handle a ROM and its kernel a little different than yours due to the varying output of processors in mass production. Most will be slight differences but its not uncommon to find a few slow pokes or speed demons in the mix that just for whatever reason got that better or worse processor/memory chips, etc from the factory and the assembly line.

The real truth lies in real world, every day performance. If its running smooth, responsive and how you expect it to then that is what truly matters and not what some numbers say from a benchmarking program ;)

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
screenshot-1315427940734.png

cm7 matr1x 4.5, 1.5ghz.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards