Question about Nils 2.1/3.0

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
So I flashed this rom yesterday and so far it's pretty nice. Once thing I noticed was that I charge my phone overnight and in the morning while I'm getting ready, I power off my phone to "fully charge" my battery. I power off the phone, the led changes from green to amber. So this morning I powered off my phone and the led stayed green. I unplugged the charger, the led went out, plugged the charger back in and the led came back on green. Does this indicate Nil's rom actually charges the battery to full while powered on?

I will admit that CM7 is still my rom of choice, but if this battery charge is true...... :)

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not used any of Nils' ROMs, but from what I know of the necessity for "bump charging", it is hardware based. Once the battery hits 100% charged, the phone slowly allows the battery to discharge about 10%, before allowing a full charging current back to the battery. That is why the battery meter drops so quickly from 100% to 90%. It does this to ensure the longevity of the battery, as it is very possible to overcharge them.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I used Nils' 2.1/3.0 for a while before switching and didn't notice anything that would indicate that the days of bump charging are over.

I'm with Cron on this one...I'm pretty sure its not a ROM/software thing, otherwise I'm sure some ROM chef would surely have found a way around it by now.

On a different note, nice to see you got 2.1/3.0 working. I know straight 3.0 was giving you a hard time. If you'd like a straight up 3.0 ROM Community ROM is also really good. Very similar to Nils' without the smaller fonts and a few other minor things like you can't remap the right Rosie button on Community but you get the drop-down recent apps in the notification bar. Check it out...its really a nice, smooth ROM.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I used Nils' 2.1/3.0 for a while before switching and didn't notice anything that would indicate that the days of bump charging are over.

I'm with Cron on this one...I'm pretty sure its not a ROM/software thing, otherwise I'm sure some ROM chef would surely have found a way around it by now.

On a different note, nice to see you got 2.1/3.0 working. I know straight 3.0 was giving you a hard time. If you'd like a straight up 3.0 ROM Community ROM is also really good. Very similar to Nils' without the smaller fonts and a few other minor things like you can't remap the right Rosie button on Community but you get the drop-down recent apps in the notification bar. Check it out...its really a nice, smooth ROM.

Cool, thanks Wanda. I got it downloaded and may give it a shot later this evening.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey Wanda, on Nils rom I'm using the integrated mail app for work (Exchange) email. Where can I change the notification sound? I found where there are sound themes, but I want to just change the notification sound to what I used with CM7 since I'm used to that sound and know it's a work email.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Wanda, on Nils rom I'm using the integrated mail app for work (Exchange) email. Where can I change the notification sound? I found where there are sound themes, but I want to just change the notification sound to what I used with CM7 since I'm used to that sound and know it's a work email.

Its a bit tricky. If you go into the "personalize" menu and scroll down you'll see the menu that says "sounds set" or something to that effect. Select that and it should give you an option to change the sounds for various things like, Email (your Gmail), Notification (your exchange account and all other phone notifiers like your VM) Calendar alerts, and a couple of others.

The crummy part is that you can't have three emails each with different tones.

Kinda ironic cause I just last night came back to CM7 for this first time since early Aug. I found a quirk where selecting a phone number would not automatically put the number into the dialer for me to just hit the call button. It was getting kind of annoying since thats a feature I really like and to me it's a basic smartphone thing. I'll probably be back to Nils or Community in a while, but I think I'll rock it AOSP this week.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Its a bit tricky. If you go into the "personalize" menu and scroll down you'll see the menu that says "sounds set" or something to that effect. Select that and it should give you an option to change the sounds for various things like, Email (your Gmail), Notification (your exchange account and all other phone notifiers like your VM) Calendar alerts, and a couple of others.

The crummy part is that you can't have three emails each with different tones.

Kinda ironic cause I just last night came back to CM7 for this first time since early Aug. I found a quirk where selecting a phone number would not automatically put the number into the dialer for me to just hit the call button. It was getting kind of annoying since thats a feature I really like and to me it's a basic smartphone thing. I'll probably be back to Nils or Community in a while, but I think I'll rock it AOSP this week.

Thanks Wanda. I'll take a look at that. Funny, I downloaded Community and after wiping full/cache/dalvik three times each, when Community loads I get to the splash screen and that's as far as it goes.....90 minutes later still at the splash screen. I tried wiping and re-installing three times and same result. Oh well, at least now I can rock Nils if I need a Sense fix. :)

I only have one email address in the email app so no worries there. I do have a few Gmail addresses and can set them to different tones in the Gmail app, so that good.

I'll look into the issue with phone numbers not being put in the dialer and see if it happens to me too.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the dialer issue must just be with your phone. If I search for pizza and look at the results, any phone number I click on goes instantly to my dialer.

Also, in the notification sound, when I go to "personalize" and "sound set", I see all the sounds and the functions they are associated with, but my only option if to play the sound, not to change it. I can create a custom sound set, but the preselected sounds are not changeable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23