Question about rooted note and Samsung update

lidspinner

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T note 3 is rooted and I have not updated to to kit kat and will not and do not want to....I keep getting a notification to upgrade my Samsung account...like the hub store and in order to update my gear it says I need to update my Samsung account.

My question is can I update my Samsung account and not mess with my root? Keep in mind I do not want KK. ...I want everything the same as what I have right now.

Pardon me for the dumb questions. I truly do not know my way around this root stuff but I know I like my rooted phone better than I did my non rooted phone. I am just not very literate on the technical and cellular levels but I love my note 3 and can not live without it so you see my need to ask simple questions to give me some peace of mind before I brick my phone.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your opinions and answers...This site is invaluable to me when I have an issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why do you not want to upgrade to Kit Kat? I love it.

Your Samsung account shouldn't have anything to do with root, it is just another account like your Google account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
go ahead and update the Samsung account you wont loose root. i did upgrade my Samsung account its fine. and by the way kitkat sucks, you can do way more with a rooted phone than what kitkat offers.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Go ahead, you'll be fine. I'm on KK and have no issues, but to be honest, I don't really see all that much of a difference. So if you're happy with 4.3, then stay there, and update away on the Samsung Account, you'll be fine.

lidspinner

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks you all so much. I truly just love what I have and have heard so many horror stories about KK so I don't even want to mess with something that is not broken. Thanks again guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174