Question about Samsung trade-in

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
this alone is why the OP absolutely should NOT do as he is suggesting. Samsung is clueless on their best day and any third party they use for the trade-ins will be worse.
Regardless of the level of cluelessness, I would not expect Samsung and the third party to be set up to make exceptions in the trade in routine simply due to the volume of transactions.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of the level of cluelessness, I would not expect Samsung and the third party to be set up to make exceptions in the trade in routine simply due to the volume of transactions.

no argument here. there are a multitude of reasons why NOT to do it, but for me, that one is the most compelling. even IF they had systems in place to make that kind of decision, which they don't, they would still mess it up. better not to even try.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't do it, they are going to keep the phone you sent, charge you the difference and say you sent the wrong phone.
And then you need to run behind their horrible support to sort out things.
If the trade value is determined to be less than that initially agreed you can ask fo it back by it of course you are paying full price for the Note 10

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If the trade value is determined to be less than that initially agreed you can ask fo it back by it of course you are paying full price for the Note 10
If they say that I would want them return my trade in and I would return the note 10.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I know they say that in FAQ, but that's for the same phone which you had initially agreed to send and they determined it's lesser value than they originally quoted. But if you send an entirely different phone god knows what they do. Most likely you can get that back but no one wants to take that chance with the quality of their customer service

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I know they say that in FAQ, but that's for the same phone which you had initially agreed to send and they determined it's lesser value than they originally quoted. But if you send an entirely different phone god knows what they do. Most likely you can get that back but no one wants to take that chance with the quality of their customer service

100% agree with this^^^. Just don't take a chance. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali